• adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    I like the second mount, but I have a Yugo so it may not fit. :(

The Mako rail system just looks bulky and...again...probably doesn't fit on the Yugo.

I will be looking forward to your review of both of them, I'd like to set up a red dot system on mine but haven't found a mount I like yet. I did buy the Krebs rear sight with the ghost ring which is superb though.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    The Mako rail isn't exactly new; it's been around since at least 2007, according to the website of the manufacturer, FAB Defense:
    VFR-AK - AK Aluminum Rail System - Rail Systems & Mounting Solutions | FAB DEFENSE Weapon accessories 7

The Aimpoint Comp upper HG for the MI rail is a nice addition to the family, but I think I'm more excited about the Aimpoint Micro version of the AKM side mount...
    The rail used in the video is new in that it's a revised version (hence the "Gen 2" mentioned at the end of the video). It now uses a one piece rail extension over the receiver vs. the two piece arrangement of the previous generation. There have been other simplifications of the design as well in this new version.

I'm looking forward to the Micro mount, but I'm even more interested in the ACOG side mount.

ggglobert9

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Ft Wayne
    Since you have that AK with all the fancy stuff you need more room in the safe so how about that PS90? I'll even throw in my favorite Farrah Fawcett poster...pleeeeease!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom