• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I'm going to be duracoating the slide on my PF9. I'm getting rust from me sweating. My question is, how well does duracoat hold up to sweat? Also, when you paint the slide. How easy is it to re-paint the sights? I have mine painted in contrasting colors.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I cant speak to the durability of duracoat, But I did paint my wife's PF9 with KG Gonkote, and it has held up well over the last 9 months.
    As far as the sights, the rear sight comes off easily. The front sight is plastic, and is a stake in piece. I ordered one from Kel tec (they are cheap), and used a soldering iron to stake it, but I have heard of people reusing the original too. I didnt have to repaint the sights.

us_agent

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    It should hold up to sweat. I did one of my rifles so protect it from rain and humidity.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    one of the biggest hindrances in coatings is getting your prep work done correctly.

If there's any kind of grease/oil/etc on there, the coatings won't bind as well as they should and you'll run into problems down the line.

-J-

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Years of carry with no "sweat" issues

Duracoat will hold up to "sweat" no problem. Mine is going on 5 years. On the sights, take a little modeling clay and put it where you do not want to spray and then just lift it off with a pin, etc. after you spray the Duracoat. Prep is everything...use the Durastrip cleaner, no shortcuts.

Top Bottom