• ...and so much more!
  • EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    I'm the old fart ...

.... w/ the sometimes gimpy leg who hooves it around Shady-side Lake sometimes. OC, Glock-21. If a pair or more of 'bangers wants my wallet, I'll shoot 'em. I consider that "combat" due to disparity of forces. Won't shoot em in the back tho. I've been shot at several times in 'Nam, only hit once, and I didn't pooopie in that incident; I had an orgasm. ?? OC may seem to be confrontational, but being Caucasion is often confrontational also. I draw MY line. I am unable to run any longer, but I shoot better at longer distances now. I'll stay on your side of the line if you tell me where it is. Overall, even re-hashed, I like this discussion, w/o having to go look it up from past years. EBG
    The only thing I haven't heard in this argument before is the "self defense isn't combat" line. Lol unarmed self defense = melee combat. Gunfight; fighting with a gun= armed combat. Ooh god, why do I even read anymore? Its the same old shtick every stinking time i come on here.

Welcome to INGO, new guy.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Went into Dunham's ....

OC, Taurus Judge, 4x4 in Serpa BlackHawk retention, bought 4 boxes of .410. Paid and left. No incident ... I was not even MWAG, but just a customer, carrying. Next day I carry in, open "HC" Hand-Carry a Thompson Contender, broken and open, for a scope lens-cap replacement. I am swarmed by customer service (like he77) warning me of the danger of carrying open w/o a trigger-lock. Go figger! EBG

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Dude....

I have tried for 2 decades to bulk up. I even have tried the case of beer and pizza diet.... It has taken me 22 years to put on 50 pounds.... :(

Okay, I don't ordinarily do this, but I'm willing to coach you. If you do well enough in your weight gain, we may actually be able to get you into USPSA shooting! Heh!

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Okay, I don't ordinarily do this, but I'm willing to coach you. If you do well enough in your weight gain, we may actually be able to get you into USPSA shooting! Heh!

:rofl:

It is one of the reasons I don't shoot in competitions. I have never been able to get big enough.... :(

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Dude....

I have tried for 2 decades to bulk up. I even have tried the case of beer and pizza diet.... It has taken me 22 years to put on 50 pounds.... :(

I feel your pain. You should get stuck on recruiting duty. Being chained to your desk, 12 hours a day, 6 days a week does wonders for the waistline. On the other hand, i lost it again pretty quick back in the real army, and then cancer treatment. Trying to get it back again so I dont have to buy more clothes. Ugh, stupid recruiting.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Clearly I need to operate a Basic Training camp for those who are hard gainers.

Ironically, it will be kind of like skinny guys telling fat guys how to lose weight. Heh.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I feel your pain. You should get stuck on recruiting duty. Being chained to your desk, 12 hours a day, 6 days a week does wonders for the waistline. On the other hand, i lost it again pretty quick back in the real army, and then cancer treatment. Trying to get it back again so I dont have to buy more clothes. Ugh, stupid recruiting.
    2 Jobs in the Army I will NEVER do...
    1. Recruiter
    2. Drill Sergeant

I will volunteer to go back to Africa before I would do either of those jobs... :popcorn:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    2 Jobs in the Army I will NEVER do...
    1. Recruiter
    2. Drill Sergeant

I will volunteer to go back to Africa before I would do either of those jobs... :popcorn:

Believe me, i got out of Drill Sgt orders. I had just reenlisted for stabilization, then less then a month later, got orders for that. Abit after that year came up, i got orders for recruiting. I would have rather been a Drill personally. Heck, one of the kids that i put in said that i was scarier then his Drill Sgts. He said, you were TRYING to be nice, and were meaner then them trying to be mean and scary. Sheesh, and i thought I was being nice as a recruiter. Oh, and I volunteered to deploy to get out of recruiting, but was a no go, from the DA even. Oh well, i learned even more about spineless leadership there then I ever did in ANY unit I had ever seen. I could go on and on, but ill stop now before i really get wound up.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Jeremy,
    I know what you mean about leadership. I had THOUGH i had seen some bad ones, until I went recruiting. They would change their story, in the middle of it. Say so many things, then when ANYTHING came out, they would sell you down river the first chance they had. Did not even matter what it was, or if you were the "producer" for the unit, anything came up, even a KNOWN BS charge, and they were already charging and trying to get you relieved and discharged out.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Jeremy,
    I know what you mean about leadership. I had THOUGH i had seen some bad ones, until I went recruiting. They would change their story, in the middle of it. Say so many things, then when ANYTHING came out, they would sell you down river the first chance they had. Did not even matter what it was, or if you were the "producer" for the unit, anything came up, even a KNOWN BS charge, and they were already charging and trying to get you relieved and discharged out.
    That sounds very familiar... :xmad:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    That sounds very familiar... :xmad:

Ohh, i got them more then a couple times. I always walked the line, since my job beforehand meant knowing the UCMJ inside and out. Even so, there were more then a couple times that they wanted my head on a stick. First opportunity they had, i got sent back to the real Army early, and believe you me, I jumped at the chance. They had too many in recruiting, and not enough in MP Corps, so I got sent back early and was gone and packing before they even finished telling me about it. Didn't even care where I went. (although, was lucky and got Germany)

Top Bottom