• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    My mom passed away a year ago this September, and for the last several months I've been finding notices stuck in the screen door from a census worker. A few weeks ago I was over there with my sister getting some stuff ready to move out, and as I was locking the door to leave, this guy pulls up in front of the house and gets out of his car. He says "Is Mary at home"? I said "No, can I help you"? He kinda laughs and says "No, if your not Mary, you can't help me". At this point, I suspected he was a census worker, and I was getting a little ticked off, so I said, "What the **** do you want, and who the **** are you"? He played it pretty cool and just says "I have some questions for her". So then the evil side of me took over, and I said "she's pretty tough to get in touch with here lately, so good luck"! And I got in my truck and left.

I'm just wondering how long they will keep trying. All they would have to do is knock on a neighbors door, and they would tell them she is dead, but I guess they haven't figured that one out yet.:D

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    same thing happened to me even after i sent my form back in right away, got several phone calls from 6am to 11pm, i chewed them out so many times to no avail so i stopped answering the phone, then they showed up at my door 3 separate times, i finally called my local sheriff's office and filed a complaint of a trespassing and also called my local rep's office and told them the situation, the calls and visits stopped

and they wonder why census workers get shot

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    It would never cross my mind to shoot a census worker. I feel most of them are probably just doing the only job that's available to them (why else would they do it) But I have no problem screwing with them when they won't take the hint to just go away and leave me the **** alone.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    It would never cross my mind to shoot a census worker. I feel most of them are probably just doing the only job that's available to them (why else would they do it) But I have no problem screwing with them when they won't take the hint to just go away and leave me the **** alone.

oh i wouldnt either, i just remember reading several articles on the internet this past spring and early summer of census workers getting shot and killed or just getting shot at. Its the way they approach people and how they act in my opinion that probably leads to them receiving aggressive responses

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Sorry 'bout that. Not sure why it never worked for you. Glad you got your hands on it, though.
    Did you print some up and put them by your door yet?

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Why the heck would any one shoot a census worker?

Heck I gave some thought to taking the job just for the fun of getting out talking to people every where I would have never met otherwise. I think it would have been a fun job pretty much.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    does it ever end!? so I get woke up this morning with a knock on the door, who is it? bloomington police. apparently the census worker told them I had a gun and they wanted my side of the story blah blah blah. the officer was very nice and kinda had the tone of I'm sorry I have to be out here doing this. she did say that the census made no statement that I had made any sort of threat to the worker(true) and just wanted to verify I did have a gun to which i said yes and a permit do you want to see them? she took down the info and said alright sorry to bother you have good day. my only question is what kind of stink did the census worker have to cause the cops to come to my house.:dunno:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    does it ever end!? so I get woke up this morning with a knock on the door, who is it? bloomington police. apparently the census worker told them I had a gun and they wanted my side of the story blah blah blah. the officer was very nice and kinda had the tone of I'm sorry I have to be out here doing this. she did say that the census made no statement that I had made any sort of threat to the worker(true) and just wanted to verify I did have a gun to which i said yes and a permit do you want to see them? she took down the info and said alright sorry to bother you have good day. my only question is what kind of stink did the census worker have to cause the cops to come to my house.:dunno:

Dibs on your XCR

Top Bottom