• Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    or, "Where the hell did you find THAT?"

I saw my mother this afternoon. She told me she had been "going through some things and came across this..."

What she handed me was a certificate of immunization for smallpox, from the Arlington Public Schools- Arlington Texas.

It's dated 8-14-1967! :n00b:

JokerGirl

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    NW Indy
    That's sadly still not that unusual. My roomy had to get the small pox vaccine, among others, twice because the Marine Corps lost the paperwork showing that he had it the first time he was deployed! Now that's scary!

On another note, my Mother came into town with a 12 packs of these for me a couple of months ago! Lots of fun was had

272-blow-loons.jpg

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    That's sadly still not that unusual. My roomy had to get the small pox vaccine, among others, twice because the Marine Corps lost the paperwork showing that he had it the first time he was deployed! Now that's scary!

On another note, my Mother came into town with a 12 packs of these for me a couple of months ago! Lots of fun was had

272-blow-loons.jpg

I remember that nasty stuff! Had a real bad chemical smell to it.

Ah the good old days!:laugh:

JokerGirl

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    NW Indy
    I have no clue where she found it, but she did. And it is still stinks of ethylene gylcol just as badly as it used to! LOL

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    My roomy had to get the small pox vaccine, among others, twice because the Marine Corps lost the paperwork showing that he had it the first time he was deployed! Now that's scary!

Sadly, ^THAT is not all that unusual! I tell people all the time. There are at least three classes of people in the service (military) that you do NOT want to screw with.
    These are,
    Disbursement clerks- they control your pay.
    Administration- they control your leave
    Medics- they control your SHOT RECORDS!

You NEVER want to **** of a medic.
    He can make your shot records disappear in the blink of an eye, over, and over, and over again!

JokerGirl

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    NW Indy
    Sadly, ^THAT is not all that unusual! I tell people all the time. There are at least three classes of people in the service (military) that you do NOT want to screw with.
    These are,
    Disbursement clerks- they control your pay.
    Administration- they control your leave
    Medics- they control your SHOT RECORDS!

You NEVER want to **** of a medic.
    He can make your shot records disappear in the blink of an eye, over, and over, and over again!

:): :): :): Knowing his attitude, he probably did **** him off much like he seems to do with everyone around him :D :rockwoot:

Two plates of anthrax with a side of small pox, anyone? :)

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Old records

When my dad passed away, we went through some old stuff dad had packed away. Along with all the little league baseball team pictures mom found the receipt for the hospital bill for my birth, Feb 24, 1946, Indpls Methodist Hospital. Sixty dollars (that's right $60) even. Outrageous!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    When my dad passed away, we went through some old stuff dad had packed away. Along with all the little league baseball team pictures mom found the receipt for the hospital bill for my birth, Feb 24, 1946, Indpls Methodist Hospital. Sixty dollars (that's right $60) even. Outrageous!

So you're about the same as a Pmag these days huh?:laugh:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    You'll put your eye out with that Scutter!!!1:D

(I have a set of those in my storage also)

I have been looking for a set for a while. They made family reunions so much more interesting. Of course the skydiver whose chute didn't open and plummeted to his death before our eyes in one of the family fields up in Franklin when I was 10 or 11, the guy who had a heart attack while walking along the sidewalk next to the building the reunion was being held when I was 13, or the major car accident that happened on that very same street when I was 14 at a family reunion also made family reunions more interesting. The Lawn Darts were probably the safest things we had.

Top Bottom