• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    Well here we go again. My wife just called me to tell me that she got rearended. She is alright, but not her car. We have been living in the Indy area now for the last ten years and this makes the fourth time we have had our vehicles damaged due to the idiots on the roads. Each and every single time we have beed hit from behind.(she was second in line and driver #4 failed to stop)
    Learn to use your damn brakes. Learn a thing called stopping distances. Just learn that the roads are not the brickyard and we ain't bump drafting.
    It is not the issue of getting them fixed as the insurance companies have always handled the issues. But it is the loss of time, and effort on our part to get our vehicles fixed that is never compensated for.
    Rant over.........at least for now.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    God I hate idiot drivers...I think it's more than just learning to use the brakes.

STOP TEXTING FOR 5 DAMN MINUTES AND PAY ATTENTION TO THE ROAD.

Luckily, I have been fortunate enough to have never been in a wreck...I have been rear-ended a few times, but it has always been by small cars and my trailer hitch(s) have always saved my bumpers.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I understand your frustration but of course the main thing is that your wife was not hurt. Some people should just not be behind the wheel of a vehicle.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Around here in the last week it seems like people are driving like complete morons since the roads have cleared up. Nice wing btw, is that an 1800?

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    And then when you go to get your car fixed after some idiot wrecks you, they try to stick you with aftermarket body parts, instead of making you whole by replacing what you had BEFORE they wrecked into you.
    I'd rather have good used original equipment body parts than new aftermarket parts

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I lost 2 BMW's in 2.5 years. One being rear ended and the other t-boned by a truck that was going about 20 in a left hand turn at 25th and post.

The one at 25th and post had no license or insurance (over 19,000 in damages, the insurance company stopped counting to see if i wanted it fixed or not) and was on his way to get window cleaner at 730 at night in january because he couldnt see... the other didnt have insurance (8k in damages on a 10k car.)

Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    Thankfully your wife is OK. I have lived in Denver (30 years) San Francisco suburbs (6 years) and Indy (16 years). Denver had the best drivers. Notice I said HAD. San Francisco had the rudest and most inconsiderate, aggressive and speeding drivers. But Indy, well I think we have some of the stupidest right here. The two lane roundabout near where I live is absolute chaos! I don't know whether to laugh or cry at what I see drivers do there. It's not rocket science, it's a freaking roundabout!
    Whew! I feel better now...

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I've lived around too, and midwest drivers are guiltiest of driving slow in the left lane. By a lot.

I don't get the appeal of driving 60 in a 65, in the leftmost lane.

Typhon1390

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    So far I've only managed to get rear ended once, same situation as the OP with it being a chain reaction..I know it'd just be another bureaucracy sucking down tax dollars..but I think there should be recurrent driver training. Even the most basic pilots require a flight review with an hour of ground and hour of air evaluation every two years. More advanced pilots get check rides at least every 6 months. Far more people die every year on the roads than do in aircraft.. I don't think it needs to be that often..but one very simple test and limited classroom instruction seems hardly adequate for most drivers. It's not even an exaggeration in my experience to say that more people DON'T know how to use a divided highway intersection or roundabout than do. And yeah, don't even get me started on left lane lurking..

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    God I hate idiot drivers...I think it's more than just learning to use the brakes.

STOP TEXTING FOR 5 DAMN MINUTES AND PAY ATTENTION TO THE ROAD.

Luckily, I have been fortunate enough to have never been in a wreck...I have been rear-ended a few times, but it has always been by small cars and my trailer hitch(s) have always saved my bumpers.

^^^This^^^
    Texting and driving is a huge problem! Sorry to hear about the accident, but at least she is ok.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Count your blessings...your wife wasn't injured. I was T-boned many years ago and the old injuries have re-appeared and caused problems. I agree that the tailgaters, aggressive drivers and morons who use their cell phones while driving are causing a lot of the problems, as are impaired drivers. Unfortunately they'll never be eliminated. Drive defensively, my friends.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    ive noticed my distracted driving was becoming a problem, so i got a straw that runs from my cup holder to my face. no more taking my eyes off the road to fumble around with beer bottles.

Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    So far I've only managed to get rear ended once, same situation as the OP with it being a chain reaction..I know it'd just be another bureaucracy sucking down tax dollars..but I think there should be recurrent driver training. Even the most basic pilots require a flight review with an hour of ground and hour of air evaluation every two years. More advanced pilots get check rides at least every 6 months. Far more people die every year on the roads than do in aircraft.. I don't think it needs to be that often..but one very simple test and limited classroom instruction seems hardly adequate for most drivers. It's not even an exaggeration in my experience to say that more people DON'T know how to use a divided highway intersection or roundabout than do. And yeah, don't even get me started on left lane lurking..

Not a bad idea, but can you imagine the bureaucratic nightmare?!
    I get the impression that most people just don't give a damn how they drive. "If you don't like the way I drive, get off the sidewalk" kind of attitude.:D

Top Bottom