• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    If you've narrowed your choice list to just those three (given that you've researched and X'ed out all other 9mm guns), I would certainly go with the Beretta 92...solid, reliable and accurate

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    I would handle as many different 9mms as possible. Everyone has their opinion but only you will know what feels comfortable to you.

I couldn't agree more. I LOVE my SR9C - fits my hand very well and I LOVE the 17-round magazines. Gives the gun a little more anchor against my hand. But again, everyone's size & shape is different. The price of the gun was affordable as well. Good luck. :draw:-G-

My thoughts exactly. I really like my SR9c. My only complaint with the 17-rd magazine is I sometimes pinch my palm when pressing the longer mag into place. 17 rounds. Awesome trigger. Great sights. Accurate. Option of compact 10-round mag for compact carry. 'nuff said.

:twocents:

ol' poke

jchuff87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    I my experiences with berettas are that they are very well built and the action on the side in comparable to none, it is so good. But the reality of it was the breand new stainless 92 was that it was really not that accurate, not good for a gun that costs as much as they do.

PaulKersey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    Evansville
    Ergonomics and aftermarket support are better on the Beretta. For reliability, I have found all Ruger semiautos to be 100%. The Beretta has a similar track record under normal operating conditions.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Rugers and Berettas both have an excellent reputation. I've never shot either one but I like my early Glock 17 and I love my S&W M&P. The later Glocks don't fit my hand due to the finger grooves. I've wanted a CZ75 forever but I no longer want a High-Power after having shot one. Shoot as many as you can before you decide. Pop's Guns and Highsmith Guns in Greenfield both have indoor ranges and handguns to rent.

cbowman75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2011
    Marion
    I have shot an SR9C a couple times and was very impressed with it. Good luck in your search.
    I have also had exp with the SR9C it's a very solid gun. I have a P89 with a hogue grip. I favor my P89 over the SR9C. This is just my opinion though. If I were you go to a few gun shops and handle as many 9mm pistols as you can within your budget. That should give you a solid idea of the weapon you want. If all else fails....... Flip a coin:):

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have been keeping my eye out for a 9mm semi auto. I have owned an older Ruger P series decocker model. It shot well but I traded it off. I would like to find an older P series again or one of the newer SR9 models. Can anyone who owns one of the newer ones let me know what they think of them? It seems like a lot of the older ones are going for as much or more than some of the newer ones. Any real advantages to one over the other?

I was also considering spending a little more and getting a Beretta 92. I want to go with a 9mm either way. I shot the 9mm I had well and like the idea of higher capacity mags. I realize the advantages of a 40 or even a 45 ACP but also believe in shooting something that you are comfortable with and accurate in shooting.

The purpose is to get something in a higher capacity than my two 357's. Any input on the 3 listed guns above, I would appreciate it.

I would most highly recommend the Beretta 92-series - especially the commercial M9.

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    The SR9's are great. So are the Beretta's. Don't know anything about the older Ruger you mentioned. My favorite 9 mm handgun is the Smith & Wesson M&P 9. After much searching and trying that's what I bought and love it. Comes in compact and full size just like the SR9

usmcdjb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Wabash County
    Of the 3.......

1. Had a P95DC for a while, and sold it. No regrets. The price is right, but to me it feels like you're holding a brick.
    2. Can't speak to the SR9 - no experience
    3. I think the Beretta 92 variants are nice pistols. After having a few, I settled on the M9A1 personally, but am considering an M9 as well

Now, even though you didn't mention this one, my top pick for a 9mm auto would be the Sig P228. I personally would look for an older West German built gun, or even a decent CPO (certified pre-owned). You only get 13+1 capacity, but I love the feel and handling. I'd go to great lengths to find one, and even pay a little more if need be, over the others. But that's my opinion. YMMV

NoPantsMcKants

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2012
    Rochester, IN
    I love my 92FS. It feels right in my hand but I have fairly large hands. Others have already said it but hold (or shoot if possible) different models and see what you like. Whatever you get you'll have fun shooting it, so don't worry too much.

Top Bottom