• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I would like to replace my Ruger LCP with a comparably sized 9mm for summer carry. Any suggestions. I saw a Kahr pocket sized 9mm on Shooting Gallery last night but know nothing about it or how dependable it is.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I don't have one but everyone says good things about Kahr. Not sure if the PM9 would be a pocket pistol. It is larger than the P380 which I assume is close to the size of the LCP. Also, it's going to cost you at least double the price of the LCP.

attachment.php

Last edited:

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    Kahr CW9 is very easy to carry, price is a little better than the PM series from Kahr.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Closest comparison I can offer is that the two look similar to the LCP, Taurus 709 combo that I own and carry. While the LCP is definitely a pocket gun, the Taurus 709 Slim is not - it's an AWESOME IWB gun. It is slightly large for the pocket, unless you're talking cargo pants. I suspect that the two are comparable size-wise with some of the models you are discussing above. Based on that, I'd say there's not a true pocket 9 out there (in the LCP sense of the word). I may be surprised - and I'm sure that innovations will come along. But that's what I have seen so far.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Closest comparison I can offer is that the two look similar to the LCP, Taurus 709 combo that I own and carry. While the LCP is definitely a pocket gun, the Taurus 709 Slim is not - it's an AWESOME IWB gun. It is slightly large for the pocket, unless you're talking cargo pants. I suspect that the two are comparable size-wise with some of the models you are discussing above. Based on that, I'd say there's not a true pocket 9 out there (in the LCP sense of the word). I may be surprised - and I'm sure that innovations will come along. But that's what I have seen so far.

+1. He said it very well. 709 slim deserves a look.

GoBoilers!

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    I'd second Neo's vote for the Keltec PF9. Very slim and not too bad at the range. I can carry mine in jeans pocket depending on how tight they fit, and it hides well in pocket of cargo shorts. I would say it is the upper limit in size though for pocket carry. IWB, it is great!
    ----
    GB!

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I can't think of anything in 9mm that would run as small as your LCP. It appears the 709 has fans out there, so you will want to check it out. As for the Karh's, there is a heck of a lot of difference between the PM9 - about $650 ish - and the CW9 - about $400 ish. As far as I'm concerned if your choice is price driven, or quality driven, you have a couple of very good pistols to consider.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I have been dropping my Kel Tec PF-9 in my pocket for a year now, carries well, reliability has been perfect through several thousand rounds, very controllable, smooth trigger.I have shot a Kahr, would rather have the PF-9 and the extra money.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    Well, the only pocket pistol in 9mm that is comparable in size/weight to the LCP is a Rohrbaugh R9. They are pretty pricey starting at $1,200! You can check out Mouseguns.Com New Index and see the pocket pistol chart in the middle of the page in pink for size comparisons.

krn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Downtown
    pf9, though i've never shot one you can't beat the price. if you need the "sexiness" appeal the kahr might be something you're looking for.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I carry my Taurus pt140 pro in my pocket. I got a pocket holster from ZX guns in Goshen. I can honestly say that everyone just thought that I had a smartphone and a set of keys in my pocket. I guess the key is in how you dress and how your clothes fit. I can tell you that my Kahr cw9 is extremely easy to hide in my pocket holster. The Kahr also disappears in a waistband holster. I had my friend who carries ask me why I wasnt carrying one day....

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I think the 380 offerings are the best option for pocket carry. Most of the 9mm's (except maybe the ridiculously priced Rohrbaugh) are really a little large for pocket carry IMO, but some people do it fine. I have a Kahr PM9, it could probably go in the pocket if I really wanted it too, but it carries so much better IWB. I have not found anything better than my Ruger LCP for pocket carry. However, I do want to give the P380 a try.

As for the PF-9 vs PM9 debate, I think both guns are good in their own right. While I love the PM9, I carried Kel-Tecs for years and have never had any bad experiences with them.

Neo46121

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Putnam County
    As for the PF-9 vs PM9 debate, I think both guns are good in their own right. [qoute/]

Well put westsider. Reminds me alot of the mossy 500 bs remmy 870 debate.

Go fondle and shoot every option you can get your mitts on and see what works for you. I chose the keltec for it's low cost (picked mine up for 249 NIB) and it's overall small size. It's NOT comfortable to shoot, but in a SHTF scenario it will suffice.

browncat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    I have been dropping my Kel Tec PF-9 in my pocket for a year now, carries well, reliability has been perfect through several thousand rounds, very controllable, smooth trigger.I have shot a Kahr, would rather have the PF-9 and the extra money.

One of the best guns I 've ever had, looks like a mini glock but half the price has a small inner hammer when cocked is in a position that makes it impossible for it to strike the firing pin unless the trigger is fully pressed, (not two trigger thingy here).
    p1010103.jpg

and here with night sights from Glow-On :rockwoot:So slim none notices it at all, a smaller frame and I wouldn't be able to draw it out
    p1010151.jpg

Top Bottom