• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I think the Ruger SR9C is worth a look. It won't break the bank, it's easy to maintain, is reliable, accurate, and just as easy to EDC as it is fun to plink at the range. It's the cheapest gun I own, and I must say, it's kind of one of my favorites because it gives more $$ guns a real run for their money.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    G19, uspc, usp, p30. What do you hope to achieve with your range time? Shoot faster, practice some presentations and draws? TDA and striker systems both have their charms at the range, IMO. Maybe a sp2022 or 229r would be nice as well?

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    I think the Ruger SR9C is worth a look. It won't break the bank, it's easy to maintain, is reliable, accurate, and just as easy to EDC as it is fun to plink at the range. It's the cheapest gun I own, and I must say, it's kind of one of my favorites because it gives more $$ guns a real run for their money.
    This.
    IMHO the SR9c gets overlooked. Not sure why. Mine has been 100% from the start. It fits me well. Has a good trigger. Is easily concealed. And comes with a 17rd magazine for better use at the range.
    while it may not be tacticool it offers everything I wanted. The biggest complaint I have heard is that it has an external safety. This is a plus to me, as I want an external safety on my semi-auto's. YMMV.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    One of the first handguns I purchased was a Taurus 917C. It never really turned into a gun I have enjoyed. I have maybe put 500 rounds through it. I am thinking of selling/trading it for a different 9mm. I plan on doing much more homework this time around. I am curious to hear others input.

My main use will be at the range, but it would be nice to have the flexibility to use as a carry gun if I would ever decide to.

I have been looking into the CZ 75 a little. I am sure there will be a lot of Glock suggestions, but I have never liked the way they have felt when I picked them up. What else am I missing as a good option?

Just about any of the Česká Zbrojovka 75-series guns would be an excellent choice. My personal favorite is the ČZ75 Compact. :rockwoot:

jperry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2013
    Columbus
    I bought a g17 and it just never felt right. So I sold it on arms list and went straight to lgs and picked up a cz 75 sp-01 tactical and never looked back. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the cz's.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Glock - 17 / 19 / 26
    Springfield - XDS / XDM
    S&@ - MP Shield / MP
    Kahr - K9 / CW9 / CM9
    Ruger - LC9 / SR9
    Sig...the list goes on and on...google...do some research... that's what I did.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    ^this. Also I like my Beretta 92. I carry it open or concealed just fine. If you want to conceal a full size gun it will be easier if you find the right rig to carry it in.

Bigbuck5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Arcadia, IN
    CZ 75 D PCR is a great pistol along with the Sig 226 & 228. Smith & Wesson M&P has great ergonomics. If you can, try a few out before you make a decision. Try a Walther PPS.....its a smaller gun, but it shoots like a big gun and is great to carry.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    If primarily a range gun, this would be my first choice in 9mm.

hkp30-left-full.jpg

The most ergonomically perfect pistol I've ever held, right up there^^

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Im thinking about getting a handgun for personal protection should I get a 9mm or something bigger
    If you've never been into shooting much before then 9 mm is a good starting point. I would try to shoot as many caliber options as possible though. Anything from .380 to 44 Mag. Go experiment and have fun.

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    Springfield EMP 9 mm. compact 1911 auto loader It's a fantastic piece for the money. I also have a 9 mm satin chrome gold trigger Browning Hi-Power that shoots really nice. I've owned a SIG 226. However, I couldn't empty a full magazine without taking a nap.

Top Bottom