• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joe138

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Heltonville
    The issue I have had with the Kahrs is the trigger pull. It is very different than a Glock in both length and reset. I had a hard time managing the difference in the triggers. I am now almost entirely with Glock, except for the Shield, which is very similar to the Glock.

Sierra74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Northside of Indy
    Very frustrating @tactical flannel. I typed a long response to your pm. Unfortunately, when I tried to send it, I was served with an error message because I don't have enough posts to send or reply to a pm. I included some things in the reply that I'd rather not publish for all to see. So, if there's a way that you know of to discuss real issues, prior to the required postings, let me know. Thank you again for your help.

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I tried the Kahr CM9 and perhaps it was a defective one but that slide was TERRIBLE! Perhaps I was doing it wrong until I took the mag out and tried it again, it finally closed. I tried it several times and then when I slammed the mag back up, the slide released. Tried it again and it failed. The LGS guy had a hard time too. He told me they had to be fired a few rounds to break them in. I then looked at the Taurus PT111 Pro G2 and I had absolutely no problems with the slide and it felt great in my hand compared to the Kahr. I also looked at the Ruger LCP and the grip was way to thin as well. Say what you like about the Taurus, but the new PT111 G2 is a very nice compact pistol that also holds 12+1.

Jim McKalip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Cumberland
    Sig P290RS. I carry mine in a DeSantis pocket holster and have the extended mag on it. I like the DAO and re-strike features. Be sure it's the RS model.

Glocksmith

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Lafayette
    I'm thinking about a 9mm for off duty/backup. Looking at the Kahr. Thought? Suggestions?

Haven't heard good things about the trigger. Long takeup. Takes time to get used to it. Springfield EMP or Sig 938? Rumor mill indicates Glock is coming out with a single stack in '14. See what that amounts to.

Glocksmith

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Lafayette
    Very frustrating @tactical flannel. I typed a long response to your pm. Unfortunately, when I tried to send it, I was served with an error message because I don't have enough posts to send or reply to a pm. I included some things in the reply that I'd rather not publish for all to see. So, if there's a way that you know of to discuss real issues, prior to the required postings, let me know. Thank you again for your help.

+1 on the intense frustration. Would be nice if perhaps 20 or 25 posts would be sufficient for us noob's to be accepted into the kingdom.

tbone

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    gosport area
    if you carry a 9mm on duty i would get compact 9mm of the same make,that could use the same mag as the duty gun,whatever you do please get a good quality reliable gun as a backup.if you need it it is now the primary gun so,it is now all ya got.make sure its enough. happy trails

Top Bottom