• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Just want some opinions, hopefully I'll not regret this...

So, I just sold my last .40, acquaintance just sold their last 9mm. He's got 9mm ammo he can no longer use, I've got .40

Would you trade round for round or take into account price difference?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Probably should take price into account. But honestly the way ammo is increasing in price does it really matter? By this I mean both of you probably paid less for the ammo then what it costs now. If you can't use the cartridges just swap them for something you can use.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I'd probably trade up to 500 straight up, were I in that situation. Your ammo does you no good, his ammo does him no good; the alternative for both of you is to try to sell it for cash (which might require you to drive somewhere, costing time and money) and then buy ammo where? At what price?

For a really large amount of ammo, yeah he ought to be willing to even it out a bit; but selling what you have and then buying what you want is most likely going to cost you both more than just swapping (I'm assuming the ammo on both sides is target ammo - not SD, high$$ ammo that would complicate the equation.)

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    Friendship first - straight up trade.

For a casual acquaintance, $2-3 higher value on the 40 ammo, so you'll include more w/ the 9mm ammo for same number of bullets in trade.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Even Steven

I recently traded a few boxes of 9MM for the same amount of .40 cal. I received the .40 so it was a good deal for me but the other person received the same amount of bullets, so since he no longer has a .40 cal gun it prolly made no difference to him. I ended up with a good deal on ammo and he ended up with something he could actually use. It's a wash and both people win in my opinion.:twocents:

Top Bottom