• ...and so much more!
  • warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I don't like polymer to carry as the ones I like are all full size. I carry a 9mm Colt Lightweight Commander that holds 9+1 in a Kramer IWB holster. Para-Ordnance Carry "Para-Ordnanace 6.45". is small and gives you 6+1 of .45ACP. Have not shoot one but have cleaned one and it is smaller than my Colt.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I use to carry an M&P 9c but never got comfy with the bulk of it for concealed carry. Switched to a slimmer Kimber Ultra 9mm compact and never looked back.

dirtdigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Bargersville, IN
    I always forget to give important details...sorry.

Polymer, 7-10 rds, auto loading, iwb carry.

I want something that doesn't feel like it was designed for an infants hand but also be able to carry all day every day and not even feel it. I chose 9 mm because this is what my full size is in.

The Shield fit all these requirements just right for me. I'm very happy with mine as an EDC. Obviously a good holster is key. I tried out the Old Faithful hybrid and have been pleased with that also. :twocents:

Mike.B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Grant County
    Care to elaborate? Or just questioning the value of a site where 25,000 members go to share information, and learn from each other?
    *Hint* Refer to post count. I'd bet there's something nice in the classifieds.

I edc my FNS9 and for the cooler months works very well. I have a feeling I may look for something like the shield to cover me in the summer months. The print of the full size is easier to notice with only a t shirt on.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I like my M&P9c. I traded slim (Walther PPS) for capacity, 12 +1/17 +1 (and a better mag release, IMO). I usually wear it OWB, though, and cover it with a jacket or sweater.

For really small gun needs (pocket and deep IWB conceal), I use a Kel Tec PF9, with a laser.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    Like everyone says, the Shield and LC9 will fit the bill. I like the LC9. Good luck finding a Shield. I'm thinking about waiting for the XD-S in a 9 or 40.

HalfCocked

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Care to elaborate? Or just questioning the value of a site where 25,000 members go to share information, and learn from each other?

It does seem this question gets asked about every week or so. You get as many opinions as there are people on the forum. There is a search function that will return the many varied opinions on these "help me decide" questions. This is a great site with a ton of info, but sometimes we plow the same ground over and over.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Well, "best" is going to be tough to come up with a consensus on. For really small, a Ruger LC9 will work. A buddy of mine has one and likes it. I have an M&P 9c- 12 rounds, pretty concealable, but not that slim.

I am thinking seriously about a 9c...with the mag extender for my large hands. I have a 9mm Pro 5" MP now, and love it. And lots of 17 round mags.

Sonney

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Walter PPQ 9mm best triger pull that I have found. Also Walter PK380 but it is a lot harder to clean due to the spring.

Sonney

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011

I want something that doesn't feel like it was designed for an infants hand but also be able to carry all day every day and not even feel it. I chose 9 mm because this is what my full size is in.

If you are anywhere around Indy, I'll let you shoot your 9mm ammo through my CW9 (at a range of course).

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne

I'm with the other guy. Sounds like you are describing the Shield.

DCM8513

Marksman
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    I'm with the other guy. Sounds like you are describing the Shield.

The sheild does look great, but only one problem with this. Like i said before i like to keep things as close to the same between weapons so that things flow naturaly when carrying different weapons. This means id need to get the full size M&P 9mm! :dunno:

Amac91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    NWI
    9mm xds or 9mm shield. Can't go wrong with glock g19 either

There is no XDS in 9mm currently ...

I've owned the shield and it is a great little gun, but I found that I could conceal a little bit bigger for a large gain in firepower. XD9 subcompact with 14 rounds of +P in a flush fit magazine. Carrying in a PJholster deep concealment at 3:30 works for me always. I'm not a big guy either. 5'10" and 170lbs.

shootamc58

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 28, 2012
    noblesville
    There is no XDS in 9mm currently ...

I've owned the shield and it is a great little gun, but I found that I could conceal a little bit bigger for a large gain in firepower. XD9 subcompact with 14 rounds of +P in a flush fit magazine. Carrying in a PJholster deep concealment at 3:30 works for me always. I'm not a big guy either. 5'10" and 170lbs.

don't know why i said xds. I meant the subcompact one. Maybe because i've been debating the xds .45 and can't do anything without reading more opinions on it:laugh:

Amac91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    NWI
    don't know why i said xds. I meant the subcompact one. Maybe because i've been debating the xds .45 and can't do anything without reading more opinions on it:laugh:

If I was going for another cc gun my first choice would be an XDS after holding one in the store the other day. But as far as this guys specifications go, the XD9 subcompact meets/exceeds them IMO.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I had an LC9 for a short while. And while it's nice and compact and lightweight I couldn't get used to the mile long trigger pull. I found accuracy to be an issue with me and the gun. I watched a few videos online about reviews for the gun and found many to be in a similar type situation. Galloway Precision doesn't have all the parts in stock to mod the trigger pull but you can send yours in to them. I picked up a Sig 938 Nightmare and what a world of difference. Even though the gun is SAO it shoots like a dream. It's not a poly gun and it's a sig so it comes with a price but thought I would throw the info out there about my experience with the LC9

Top Bottom