• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Well I'll take your statement as a chance for some clarification. Homicide and murder are not the same thing. A homicide may not necessarily include malice like a police action shooting, self-defense, negligent discharge, etc,..
    Again, eluding to the fact that the CDC doesn't distinguish between these circumstances and rather lumps everything into either homicide, accidental, or suicide

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Go to the State by State table and add just CA, IL, NY, and NJ
    ( I picked those four because of their extremely strict gun control laws)

Just those 4 states account for 37% of ALL gun homicides in the US in 2011

I posted that on FB with the numbers and a whole group of anti's went mute. :D

It sickens me.. Especially when we factor in the major cities within the states that are highly restricted. There's a reason why Chicago has far more murders than Los Angeles, New York as well.

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Again, eluding to the fact that the CDC doesn't distinguish between these circumstances and rather lumps everything into either homicide, accidental, or suicide

Right, because in my opinion it isn't their duty to study this type of behavior. Center for Disease Control shouldn't be doing this, the FBI should be (doing it better).

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    It sickens me.. Especially when we factor in the major cities within the states that are highly restricted. There's a reason why Chicago has far more murders than Los Angeles, New York as well.

Chicago carries the state. :): I hear the Tiny Dancer (Rectum Rahm) has put all gang members on double secret probation. That'll do about as much good as the new gun laws they are trying to push through

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Right, because in my opinion it isn't their duty to study this type of behavior. Center for Disease Control shouldn't be doing this, the FBI should be (doing it better).
    Agreed, but even assuming the worst accounting for ALL firearms related death and injury it amounts to a fraction of 1% of gun owners. Certainly not justification for additional laws.

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Agreed, but even assuming the worst accounting for ALL firearms related death and injury it amounts to a fraction of 1% of gun owners. Certainly not justification for additional laws.

Not justification in your mind and I believe that our minds work completely differently than the "others". All of the talk of wolves and sheep is becoming more relative each day.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Not justification in your mind and I believe that our minds work completely differently than the "others". All of the talk of wolves and sheep is becoming more relative each day.
    Definitely. Which is why I always bring up the point that merely because we disagree, is by no means justification for one of us to force the other into living by their opinion through force (government legislation). Typically, they either shut up or change subject to re-assert their righteousness.

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Definitely. Which is why I always bring up the point that merely because we disagree, is by no means justification for one of us to force the other into living by their opinion through force (government legislation). Typically, they either shut up or change subject to re-assert their righteousness.

I thought this applied.

Once upon a time a Wolf was lapping at a spring on a hillside, when, looking up, what should he see but a Lamb just beginning to drink a little lower down. "There's my supper," thought he, "if only I can find some excuse to seize it." Then he called out to the Lamb, "How dare you muddle the water from which I am drinking?"

"Nay, master, nay," said Lambikin; "if the water be muddy up there, I cannot be the cause of it, for it runs down from you to me."

"Well, then," said the Wolf, "why did you call me bad names this time last year?"

"That cannot be," said the Lamb; "I am only six months old."

"I don't care," snarled the Wolf; "if it was not you it was your father;" and with that he rushed upon the poor little Lamb and ate her all up. But before she died she gasped out: "Any excuse will serve a tyrant!" - Aesop

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I thought this applied.

Once upon a time a Wolf was lapping at a spring on a hillside, when, looking up, what should he see but a Lamb just beginning to drink a little lower down. "There's my supper," thought he, "if only I can find some excuse to seize it." Then he called out to the Lamb, "How dare you muddle the water from which I am drinking?"

"Nay, master, nay," said Lambikin; "if the water be muddy up there, I cannot be the cause of it, for it runs down from you to me."

"Well, then," said the Wolf, "why did you call me bad names this time last year?"

"That cannot be," said the Lamb; "I am only six months old."

"I don't care," snarled the Wolf; "if it was not you it was your father;" and with that he rushed upon the poor little Lamb and ate her all up. But before she died she gasped out: "Any excuse will serve a tyrant!" - Aesop
    I like it...

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Go to the State by State table and add just CA, IL, NY, and NJ
    ( I picked those four because of their extremely strict gun control laws)

Just those 4 states account for 37% of ALL gun homicides in the US in 2011

I posted that on FB with the numbers and a whole group of anti's went mute. :D

Say what? People on FB shut up when presented facts? The one anti that is still going along with what the news and liberal websites tell him just deflects the facts and goes right back to an emotional rant.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Say what? People on FB shut up when presented facts? The one anti that is still going along with what the news and liberal websites tell him just deflects the facts and goes right back to an emotional rant.

Hell, I got banned from just about every page for quoting facts. It was fun while it lasted

Top Bottom