• ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    An airsoft rifle:xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

My sister purchased her 15 year old son, a $900 airsoft rifle. He is very excited.....

I showed him my $1,000 real rifle and he was upset.....

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    A kid I had class with last semester was telling me that he has 3 different paint ball guns that he has around $2000 in and he got quite mad at himself when I showed him gunbroker and the things he could've had.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Airsoft, paintball, and real firearms aren't the same thing. Who cares if someone has a $900 airsoft rifle or $2000 wrapped up in some paintball markers. I would venture a guess as to say a fifteen year old would get a lot more use (and have more fun) out of the airsoft and paintball guns than a real one. Both those things are a blast, going to a range and shooting paper....really isn't.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    The kid in my class is 21 and does some hunting. Rarely plays in paintball tournaments anymore but keeps buying stuff just in case. He has a couple shotguns and rifles(grandparents have hunting land in Michigan). He just didn't know the legal fun you can have in Indiana. He sent me a message on xbox live saying all his paintball stuff was up for sale and he is very interested in a Serbu Super Shorty.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Airsoft, paintball, and real firearms aren't the same thing. Who cares if someone has a $900 airsoft rifle or $2000 wrapped up in some paintball markers. I would venture a guess as to say a fifteen year old would get a lot more use (and have more fun) out of the airsoft and paintball guns than a real one. Both those things are a blast, going to a range and shooting paper....really isn't.

I agree that paintball is a lot fun. I can't speak to airsoft as I have never tried it. But, $900 for a gun that shoots plastic pellets seems a bit extreme when compared to a real one that shoots metal bullets. Oh well, I guess it's up to the user.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    they are pretty fun but not 900 bucks fun. i new they could get expensive but thats a little excessive.

does it have a real acog mounted to it with airsoft drop chart for a recticle?

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    That money would have finished off the front end on my maverick... :(

What happened to boys wanting to have a car when they were 15??

Cbowen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Noblesville
    I would rather my kid want a $900 airsoft or paintball gun rather than want to have $900 dollars in a video game system and games. Most kids I know these days just sit around and play video games and would never dream of going outside and playing.

ShelbyCo.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2010
    Marietta
    900 on a toy? I would have never dream of asking my parents for anything that cost 900 when I was 15. Thay would have told me to get a job and buy it myself!

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    A kid I had class with last semester was telling me that he has 3 different paintball markers that he has around $2000 in and he got quite mad at himself when I showed him gunbroker and the things he could've had.
    Fixed:yesway:

I had 4 paintball markers when I was 15, with $650 in a pump action that used 12gram co2 and held 10 rounds....:):

I made the mistake and got out of it then, but now have 2 old spyder electro's that I would have upgraded to back then if I hadn't discovered cars....:rolleyes:

Top Bottom