90% of U.S. Citizens want Background Checks??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    If it were true that 90% or more favored UBC or any other gun control measure, it would already have been passed.

The only reason it hasn't been enacted already is because of the lack of public support, and the fear of public backlash during the next mid-term elections.
    Liberals minds may not be right, but they remember 2010.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I have to point out first off, that I DO NOT side with those that are for universal background checks or magazine limits.
    I live north of Green Bay Wisconsin by about 70 miles. It is rural, no doubt. I have spoken with quite a few people in the past few months about UBC's and mag limits. Everybody I have talked to is for universal background checks and mag capacity limits. Again, this is not where I stand on the issue.

I should also point out that the people that I have spoken with about this covers a good mix of the population. I am a student at the university and everybody knows what their take on the matter is. But what surprised me is how many of the rural, deer hunting, sportsman type support this. Even after I explain to them that they will no longer be able to give their kid a rifle without going through an FFL, does not bother them. For the most part, they have a rifle or two, a shotgun, and in rare circumstances a pistol.

Magazine limits? They are already limited to 3 shots for hunting and cannot figure out why anybody would ever need a 30 round "clip". Don't even bother trying to explain this one to the die hard hunters around me. Wasting your breath.

They do complain about the lack of ammunition though. Seems to me that a lack of ammunition should not bother someone that is fine with 3 round magazines.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I would like to think that no one wants to see the mentally deranged or murderers free to use firearms. The truth is, the crimes that have been commited by firearms, the persons conscience didn't stop them and 1000 laws didn't either.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Yahoo has been flooding their site for the past few weeks with these bogus polls to push their anti-gun agenda. Every one they post or refer to is always in the 90% range for stricter gun control.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    The proposed background checks that they are proposing (at least that they have let the public know about) are basically the same that are already in place. My first issue that I see is what are they trying to bury in this bill that they aren't telling us about. The second issue, what are they doing to make the background checks more effective that are already taking place? I know of at least one instance, first hand knowledge, that the FBI background check FAILED to catch a criminal on 12 occasions over a several month period.

If these background checks that the liberals are wanting to depend on cannot catch, with at least some sort of certainty, the very people that they claim that they are trying to keep guns from in the first place, what good will expanding the same background check system really do?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I'm sure 90% of Americans would support background checks for elected officials. Can we start with the denizen of the oval office?

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I have to point out first off, that I DO NOT side with those that are for universal background checks or magazine limits.
    I live north of Green Bay Wisconsin by about 70 miles. It is rural, no doubt. I have spoken with quite a few people in the past few months about UBC's and mag limits. Everybody I have talked to is for universal background checks and mag capacity limits. Again, this is not where I stand on the issue.

I should also point out that the people that I have spoken with about this covers a good mix of the population. I am a student at the university and everybody knows what their take on the matter is. But what surprised me is how many of the rural, deer hunting, sportsman type support this. Even after I explain to them that they will no longer be able to give their kid a rifle without going through an FFL, does not bother them. For the most part, they have a rifle or two, a shotgun, and in rare circumstances a pistol.

Magazine limits? They are already limited to 3 shots for hunting and cannot figure out why anybody would ever need a 30 round "clip". Don't even bother trying to explain this one to the die hard hunters around me. Wasting your breath.

They do complain about the lack of ammunition though. Seems to me that a lack of ammunition should not bother someone that is fine with 3 round magazines.
    It's been my observation over the years that most of the state of Wisconsin is an anomoly in the Rural-Conservative connection.
    It seems that they maintain the necessary political naivete' (a hallmark of liberalism) to produce generation after generation of staunch liberal Democrats who are willing to accept whatever the press / government says is good for them. Not bad folks at all, so don't take it the wrong way. But many of the rural folks in that area of the country just seem to have their heads in the political sand, and it's not likely to change.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I keep hearing this figure-When-Where+How was this "Survey" taken?
    NRA members are included in this poll??

What gives???..Bill.

Without knowing the exact question asked, it means very little.

I suspect if the people being asked the question knew that the Universal Background Check (UBC) would require gun registration for it to "work", they'd have answered differently.

ALL I would ask of the PRESENT background check we have now, is for the states to do a better job at letting the background check people know about those who've ACTUALLY been adjudicated mentally incompetent.

jb1212

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    It doesn't matter, we have rights and it seems like the Government has the right to ignore us.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Poll was 1001 people.. They are trying to base policy on 1001 people...

Firearms: 91% Favor Universal Background Checks.Poll ABC/ WaPo

Extrapolation is the process of estimating, beyond the original observation interval, the value of a variable on the basis of its relationship with another variable. It is similar to interpolation, which produces estimates between known observations, but extrapolation is subject to greater uncertainty and a higher risk of producing meaningless results.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    What did He say??

Extrapolation is the process of estimating, beyond the original observation interval, the value of a variable on the basis of its relationship with another variable. It is similar to interpolation, which produces estimates between known observations, but extrapolation is subject to greater uncertainty and a higher risk of producing meaningless results.

I can tell right now that you went A LOT farther in school than I did..HA HA...Bill.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Obama is too busy trying to sell us a decomposing corpse to care about getting our country back on track with the economy, jobs, veterans benefits, illegals, and education. I work for the railroad and walk 4 miles on a daily basis inspecting freight cars. I would like to put my 35 in and have a nice pension to live off of. It has been almost 2 yrs to hear back on a claim for my torn mencius in my knee, and its been 8 yrs since the Navy docs misdiagnosed it. I would love to get compensation for it and not disability so I can get it fixed and if anything is left over pay off some of my wife's student loans.

Top Bottom