• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AR Maker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Morgan County-MSG2
    I had to provide "stocking stuffers" for my sons Pre School Christmas party last year. So i went to the toy store and bought a few bags of the little green army men toys for the boys stockings, and i forget what I bought for the girls stockings. But when I went to pick my son up from school that afternoon I was told that they couldn't use the army men because the army men had.... GUNS.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Sean was not, however, impressed with the night stick. Repeated applications to my skull produced no reduction in tickling.

:bash::bat::laugh::rofl:

I remember in elementary school we did the "Pioneer Day" thing and my mom made me the coolest Daniel Boone outfit, complete with fringy "buckskin" shirt! I wore my coonskin cap and a leather possibles bag that I made from Tandy Leather in Scouts. The kicker was I took in my knoc-off flintlock rifle from Cracker Barrel. No drama, no problems, and I won the best outfit for my grade. :yesway:

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    The very short time I spent at a high school teacher, students knew they could always bring photos of their big game hunts to me. I'm telling you - it broke down barriers of respect and classroom discipline left and right. When the students knew I had an outside life that in some ways resembled theirs and that I respected their outside activities, it built a good "mentor camaraderie", especially with the guys who are usually the biggest discipline challenges.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    My boy caught me off guard the other day when he brought a toy gun back from school. They earn "peanuts" for good homework, etc., and a couple times a year they get to use them in an auction to get goodies. Two of the goodies were cop sets complete with guns. Didn't expect that in this day and age.
    Joe, there are still a few good schools out there. I graduated in '05 (to give you an idea of when this happened). My junior year, in english class we had to do a series of speeches. One of them was a demonstration speech. With permission of the principal, I was permitted to take a shotgun barrel (barrel only) and do my demonstration speech on cleaning it.

Now that is what I call exercise of discretion and good judgment. None of this zero tolerance crap.

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    One of the plays I did my junior year required the use two pistols, instead of using the theater dept. debit card (that was in my wallet) I just went home to get some replicas. The theater director didn't bother to check them out for a few days, but she did write me a note saying I was authorized to transport and posses them for school purposes. Of course that was in the spring of 01, so things were a bit different.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    In 1992 while student teaching I took some revolvers and a 1911 to school for a hands on demonstration that went along with World War I weapons. I did it again in 1994 at a different school.

Top Bottom