• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    ;) Ha Ha!! Gotcha to look!!

I saw my kid this morning all dressed funny, so I asked, "Is it pioneer day or something?" The answer was yes.

Later as I coming down the stairs I overhear this conversation:

Mom: "What's that?"
    Boy: "I asked Mr. ______ if I could wear a holster if there wasn't a gun in it, and he said it was OK."

I take a look and sure enough he's got his handmade brown vinyl rubber band gun holster on his belt.

Dad: "Hold on."

I come back with an old "cowboy" holster that was my dad's, wrapped it around him, pulled out my folding utility knife, punched a new hole, tied it down to his thigh.

Dad: "Bye, hun."

:patriot:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    My boy caught me off guard the other day when he brought a toy gun back from school. They earn "peanuts" for good homework, etc., and a couple times a year they get to use them in an auction to get goodies. Two of the goodies were cop sets complete with guns. Didn't expect that in this day and age.

Speed Kills

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009

I saw my kid this morning all dressed funny, so I asked, "Is it pioneer day or something?" The answer was yes.

Boy: "I asked Mr. ______ if I could wear a holster if there wasn't a gun in it, and he said it was OK."

I take a look and sure enough he's got his handmade brown vinyl rubber band gun holster on his belt.

I come back with an old "cowboy" holster that was my dad's, wrapped it around him, pulled out my folding utility knife, punched a new hole, tied it down to his thigh.

It's this sort of thing that makes me look forward to having children. :yesway::patriot:

Srtsi4wd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My boy caught me off guard the other day when he brought a toy gun back from school. They earn "peanuts" for good homework, etc., and a couple times a year they get to use them in an auction to get goodies. Two of the goodies were cop sets complete with guns. Didn't expect that in this day and age.

Well, guns are ok when cops have them, right?:rolleyes:

I'll bet that if there was a Armed Citizen set with a gun, holster and a copy of the Constitution that would get their knickers in a twist!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Well, guns are ok when cops have them, right?:rolleyes:

I'll bet that if there was a Armed Citizen set with a gun, holster and a copy of the Constitution that would get their knickers in a twist!

What fun would an armed citizen set be? The cop set came with a grenade, too! Sean was not, however, impressed with the night stick. Repeated applications to my skull produced no reduction in tickling.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN

WOW thats pretty amazing with today's environment. When I was in 5th grade (13 years ago) my crazy hippy, green peace member, of a 5th grade teacher had all the boys in the class bring in their toy guns to do a revolutionary war reinactment. Most of them were halfway realistic looking. I couldnt imagine that happening now though. But +1 to your kid's teacher.

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger

That is awesome!! I'm sure your kid was telling all their friends about having Daddies holster!:yesway:

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Well, I got a report back from my kid and the result was that nothing happened. A few kids said it was cool, but no teachers said anything.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    My oldest boy is a freshman in high school, and the other day he came home and told me that his science teacher was talking about coyotes, and my boy told him that we go coyote hunting occasionally. The teacher asked what type of guns we used, and my son says, Mosin Nagants. The teacher says "WOW, those are really cool rifles" and wants him to bring in pictures of our kills. Yeah, some schools/teachers actually get it. Good for your son, sounds like a cool kid.:yesway:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Memories...what kids think of their parents as they grow older! Good memories bring happy Thanksgivings, Christmas's, and Birthdays. Fun with Parents = Priceless!!! Kudo's to you!

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indianapolis
    My high school chemistry teacher back in the day would go on about reloading in his basement and loved to set some gunpowder on fire every now and then in the classroom to get our attention. He retired the next year, though.

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    WOW thats pretty amazing with today's environment. When I was in 5th grade (13 years ago) my crazy hippy, green peace member, of a 5th grade teacher had all the boys in the class bring in their toy guns to do a revolutionary war reinactment. Most of them were halfway realistic looking. I couldnt imagine that happening now though. But +1 to your kid's teacher.

I just remembered that in elementary school (~20+ years ago for me) one of our teachers had a student bring in an unloaded bb pistol for a Sherlock Holmes play we had to put on...funny how things change, and I doubt that anyone honestly had an issue with it then.

Z-Glock23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    Highland,IN

HAHA THATS AWESOME!

Top Bottom