• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    So, after seeing the 84 Lumber ad during the Superbowl showing mexicans illegally crossing into the US via a WOODEN DOOR in the border wall, does it make you want to purchase goids from 84 lumber or somewhere else?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    #1 84 Lumber is still around? Interesting.

#2 I'm just waiting for a commercial that highlights why Mexico is so bad that people are willing to risk everything to LEAVE. Hint, it's not the Republican party or Trump.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Did anyone go online to see the rest of the commercial? I haven't.

Was hoping it showed them in ICE custody and then dropped of in Nogalas.

Mexico must be a real ****-hole if dragging your kid across the desert like that is the best option. To bad there is no legal way to make that same trip.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I'm not sure who they picture their clientel to be. I don't think it is me though.

I'm not positive, either, but when I see a "crew" framing up a roof - and consider that their employer is paying the bill for the lumber - I think I can get a guess who 84's target "clientele" here is.

The folks who want more immigration aren't all on Wall Street. Some them are in your Gun Club...church...etc. We are in fact surrounded by "entrepreneurs," church ladies, and others who would sell America out for a nickel in their pocket. And they'll be along shortly to tell you they have no choice.

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I did not care for the 84 commercial. Someone said why are so bad that they risk everything to leave? I also think that why are things so bad that they do not risk everything to change things? 84 will not miss my business, I do not shop there to begin with.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've spent a lot of time in the border towns and it's no picnic for a lot of those folks. Tourist mexico I've never visited so I can't speak for other parts of the country.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Have any of you spent any time in a Home depot or a Lowes.....all signage is in English and Spanish. Most of the clientele (or a solid half) is Hispanic.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I used to work for 84. The old man was a funny guy. His daughter had different ideas, and it hasn't been the same since she took over.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Doesn't make me want to run out to an 84 lumber to spend money....... I thought ads were to generate revenue? Who knew?!
    I have to wonder if they have shareholders and what they think about this.....

myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    If a firm that is not even a nationwide company runs a "statement ad" on the Superbowl you can know for sure that they are much more interested in statements than either customers or wisely spending an ad budget.

myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    I liked the Ford ad. Relatable, funny, and in the end everyone including the cat came out a winner. "Tough times but Ford will see you through" -- now that is how you win customers.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Contrast this with the Budweiser ad. Immigrant comes to the country in a similar arduous, dangerous journey, but LEGALLY. Fights his way through bigotry and, through hard work and persistence, those attributes which the 84 ad seems to praise, makes a success.

I am tired of the left forcing the issue away from illegal. We need the labor, we need the population growth, but there is a conduit and system for a reason.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Did anyone here watch the rest of the 84 Lumber ad? I guess when I saw the commercial, I thought they were trying to make you think these were illegals, when in reality they were probably going to find the dad who went to the US for legal work. That was going to be the twist at the end. That they were doing all that walking to rejoin him (with the funds he was wiring back, probably).

But yeah, I haven't bothered to watch the rest of the video, either.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Did anyone here watch the rest of the 84 Lumber ad? I guess when I saw the commercial, I thought they were trying to make you think these were illegals, when in reality they were probably going to find the dad who went to the US for legal work. That was going to be the twist at the end. That they were doing all that walking to rejoin him (with the funds he was wiring back, probably).

But yeah, I haven't bothered to watch the rest of the video, either.

:scratch: All kinds of questions with this...
    Ok, so the dad is in the US for "presumably" legal work.... cool...
    Is this a temporary work visa and is going back to mexico?
    Do women and children of Americans working abroad get to jump the border illegally* to wherever daddy is?
    (*they were not at the immigration and customs office crossing, they were wandering along a wall and found a magic wooden door)
    Why are they walking with funds provided braving desert condition and coyotes? How much is a bus ticket from Mexico City to Houston?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    :scratch: All kinds of questions with this...
    Ok, so the dad is in the US for "presumably" legal work.... cool...
    Is this a temporary work visa and is going back to mexico?
    Do women and children of Americans working abroad get to jump the border illegally* to wherever daddy is?
    (*they were not at the immigration and customs office crossing, they were wandering along a wall and found a magic wooden door)
    Why are they walking with funds provided braving desert condition and coyotes? How much is a bus ticket from Mexico City to Houston?
    I dunno - it was a commercial. Why was a ghost dog trying to sell me crappy beer? :D

Did you watch the rest online?

I didn't watch it, but googling says that it ends thusly:
    Eventually, the pair ends up facing a giant wall. But instead of turning away, they find a door in the wall and walk through it, as text appears onscreen: “The will to succeed is always welcome here.”

If that's the case, its a big fail IMHO.

Talk about tone deaf dog whistles.

Top Bottom