• ...and so much more!
  • jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I got an email from my grandpa talking about replenishing our inventory after some recent sales. He is not much of a shooter, more of a collector, and I am kind of in the middle. I like to shoot the shooter guns, and ooo and ahh over the safe queen collector guns. He sold off 3 Winchester collector lever guns along with a couple handguns. A .357 and a .22...the .22 was a shooter, the .357 could have been but he never took it out.

He is looking for something pretty for himself for now, and something I would like to have handed down to me someday. He linked in his email to the Kimber Pro Carry II (Kimber America | Pro Carry II) saying he might want one of those, but didn't say why except he thinks Kimber is a good brand.

So, my question to INGO is:

If you had $800-$1200 to spend on one gun purchase what would it be, and why? (Probably handguns but open to long gun suggestions as well)

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    M1 from CMP (historic gun that can still be shot, only reason why i dont have one is i couldnt bare getting one in 308 and dont want to buy 30-06 ammo)
    springfield M1a (some can be found for the $1200... plus, just a beautiful gun and very fun to shoot, best rifle i have every shot... just something about shooting an M14)
    HK P7
    HK P7M8
    HK P9S
    (all the HKs are unique handguns that are amazingly accurate and really just awesome guns... P7 is really the only gun i wish i still had out of all the guns i have traded or sold in the past)
    if you want a 1911 i would go with Dan Wesson Heritage, Sig, or STI in that price range
    Browning High Power
    CZ 75 Shadow or some custom CZ (take a look at czcustom.com....)
    (browning and CZ are just beautiful and accurate guns.)

Now that I have listed a few my main contenders would be in this order (keeping in mind the main focus is on handguns and a collector & shooter aspect...
    1. HK p7m8 (if you can find it that cheap anymore...) if not HK P7
    2. CZ 75 Compact Shadow or CZ SP01 Shadow
    3. HK P9S
    4. Dan Wesson Heritage... or the Sigs and STI

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Personally I would get a smith and Wesson model 41 with 5 and 7 inch barrels.

If I was to go kimber I would get a grand raptor II. You are looking at about a 6 month wait from the custom shop.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Well...I think Don's Guns has the best deal going around! But I don't know if this will fit in your $1,200 price point. You might need to add a few hundred more to reach this real beauty. But at least this would be something that the family would be proud to have as an heirloom.

:):;):rockwoot::lmfao::thumbsup::naughty::wavey::bow::laugh6:
    Custom-Hi-Point-17.jpg

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Get a quality 1911 a Springfield, Sig, Colt, or Smith they could be had 900+ depending what hits your fancy. Kimber's quality is questionable.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom