• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    This is absolutely the case. It isn't that we have a generation of dummies, per se. But a disproportionate number of smart and athletic kids have greater opportunities than the rest. We get some really great kids who want to serve their country. But we turn down a lot more fat slobs and dummies who don't have anywhere else to go. Most of the best and brightest don't feel the need to give up part of their youth in service to their country.

I work with college kids. In recent years, many have looked at the military for either extra income/benefits/additional skills for LE career. Most either want part-time like NG or ROTC, but stay full-time as students. A small percentage want to do the military as a full-time career, though many aren't sure if they will put in a full twenty. Most of all of this service is due to how costly it is to go to college anymore. A few who went full-time wanted to get away from the Midwest/home and travel for a bit as well, and they figured the military was a good way to do that I guess.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    The grenade range was never a big issue we used to take the Privates out to a local training area a few days before and practice with them and ID the weak throwers and get them “straight”.
    I liked being in the ready bay and hand the Privates the grenades I would always drop a few.
    If you heard the command “short” you got under cover.
    One time I hear short and see a grenade fly backwards?
    The grenade slipped off his fingers landed about twenty meters behind the pit nobody hurt.
    Good Times!

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    The grenade range was never a big issue we used to take the Privates out to a local training area a few days before and practice with them and ID the weak throwers and get them “straight”.
    I liked being in the ready bay and hand the Privates the grenades I would always drop a few.
    If you heard the command “short” you got under cover.
    One time I hear short and see a grenade fly backwards?
    The grenade slipped off his fingers landed about twenty meters behind the pit nobody hurt.
    Good Times!

Lol, I knew you would be good for at least one funny story.

We didn't get a whole lot of prep. We just took some of the blue training grenade bodies out to the sugar cookie one afternoon.

Top Bottom