• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    If you get a .40 for which conversion barrels are readily available, such as a Glock, then you can easily shoot .40 and 9mm out of the same gun.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    IMO, the most prudent thing to do would be to try out every gun on your list either by renting them at a local gun range or hooking up with fellow INGO'rs who have the guns on your short list.

What one person loves in their hand, another person hates.

Before buying my latest handgun, I researched build quality issues with those handguns on my short list; however, when I narrowed it down, I fired them and found the one that felt the best.

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    This thread hasn't really seemed to help - everyone has offered different suggestions :laugh: And on that note, let me offer more conflicting information :D

Out of these choices, I'd say the M&P or the CZ75. I haven't shot an M&P in a while nor have I shot the 75, but I have shot the CZ97 - the .45 ACP brother to the 75. I was thoroughly impressed with the ergonomics of both (didn't like either quite as much as the 1911 though, the safety on the 97B is not placed where I'd like it to be) and either carry my recommendation. Just a FYI the 97B I shot would not feed hollowpoints to save its life so if you are looking for a defensive gun, I don't know if the 75 would fit your needs (that is, assuming it has the same problem feeding JHPs as the 97B.)

It is hard to go wrong with an XDm, and while the Glocks aren't for me they are also great pistols. The Glocks have an upward cant to them when I bring the sights upwards and that just does not work for me. The 1911, XDm (which have very similar grip angles) point perfectly for me.

Oh well, it looks like this post didn't help jack squat as I pretty much suggested all of the guns you are thinking of :D

Flitmob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    I agree with several posts that glocks are good guns, but for 600 you can get more than a glock and I would recommend something a little nicer!
    That is unless you love glocks and want to accessorize!:D

Boz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Muncie
    CZ75 is a GREAT gun. everyone should own one. They are often overlooked, but I've never personally met anyone who has fired one and holds a negative opinion of it (unless they just don't like 9mm).

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    IMO, the most prudent thing to do would be to try out every gun on your list either by renting them at a local gun range or hooking up with fellow INGO'rs who have the guns on your short list.

What one person loves in their hand, another person hates.

This is good advice. All of those you listed are acceptable choices.

Top Bottom