• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't think anybody is mad... just wondering what the point is...

What is the point of having 60,000 posts if they were mostly meaningless?

I have 60,000,000,000,000 atoms of copper, but unless they are made into something meaningful then there is no point in having them...

Because I can. Just because. No more, no less.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Not sure if you're serious... a casual search of his posting history shows about 59,000 one-liner, meaningless posts in the "status update threads"**, 800 posts bragging about his post count, 100 posts rep-whoring, and approximately 100 posts of varying levels of importance from minimal to low importance in the various other forums/threads... I think that is a pretty good explanation of why somebody can have 60,000 posts and we've never even heard of him. Guess there is something to be said about how post-count is everything to some people... :dunno:

**In most cases multiple posts were made consecutively only seconds apart showing intent to run-up his post-count.

I don't think anybody is mad... just wondering what the point is...

What is the point of having 60,000 posts if they were mostly meaningless?

I have 60,000,000,000,000 atoms of copper, but unless they are made into something meaningful then there is no point in having them...

Not so much take it seriously as I have a life. I don't have time to waste posting meaningless stuff just to see how high I can get my post count... I guess if that's what other people want to do in life more power to them... I really don't care... just a bit awe-struck that somebody would go through the effort just to have a meaningless number beside their screen-name...:dunno:
    Yes, Shadow has over 90,000 posts. I am truly sorry it so deeply offends you. This is a microcosm of what our society has become. One person has a hobby. It doesn't hurt anyone and yet there are people who simply must register their disdain. "If you don't live your life exactly as I do then you are obviously doing things wrong". You know nothing of the circumstances surrounding this incredible post number yet you bash away. The thing you don't realize, sir, is that Shadow has made a huge impact on this site. Through the many events he has organized and participated in. He has made a great number of close personal friends, people who, if called at 3am, would not hesitate a second to come to his aid. I can name,without even giving it much thought, two dozen people this applies to. I am proud to call myself his friend. Rather than bash what you obviously know nothing about and cannot understand, perhaps some introspection is in order. How many such friends do you have?

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Yes, Shadow has over 90,000 posts. I am truly sorry it so deeply offends you. This is a microcosm of what our society has become. One person has a hobby. It doesn't hurt anyone and yet there are people who simply must register their disdain. "If you don't live your life exactly as I do then you are obviously doing things wrong". You know nothing of the circumstances surrounding this incredible post number yet you bash away. The thing you don't realize, sir, is that Shadow has made a huge impact on this site. Through the many events he has organized and participated in. He has made a great number of close personal friends, people who, if called at 3am, would not hesitate a second to come to his aid. I can name,without even giving it much thought, two dozen people this applies to. I am proud to call myself his friend. Rather than bash what you obviously know nothing about and cannot understand, perhaps some introspection is in order. How many such friends do you have?

Yep! And open carry is baaaaaaad, too.

Top Bottom