• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dusterboy49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Fremont
    I don't know if that is good or bad. Good that there are people out there who want to protect themselves. Bad that it causes a huge delay and makes me question how many of those people will actually carry.

I don't understand the reason for everyone wanting a LTCH. You don't need one to buy a gun and any of the possible federal legislation out there has nothing to do with obtaining a LTCH.

:popcorn:

jkwparrott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Corydon, IN
    Doesn't surprise me. My mother applied about 4 months ago and has not gotten it yet. It took 6 months for mine. Six months and three days to be exact.

Drake.45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm not even a month in yet, did the L1 and it seems like it's been forever. I moved here from Illinois and could carry in Indiana on my Arizona permit, now I can't, time has never went so slow, I guess it gives me time to find my 1911 xse I'm looking for

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    A guy in the LGS was telling us that last week, when he was getting finger printed for his lifetime, the lady doing the fingerprinting was telling him they are going to be doing away with the lifetime license.
    As much as I would like to laugh about this as another rumor, they did do away with the lifetime hunting/fishing license, so it is possible, just havent heard anything past second hand info from an unconfirmed source...

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Judging from other threads, assuming a clean record, L-1 seems to be taking about 11 weeks and non L-1 about 16. YMMV, as there are posts of much longer waits than that, especially with non L-1.

Given how backed up they are, I think these times will expand until the ISP is forced (by lawsuit, maybe?) to do something about the backlog and get back withing their legally allotted time frame.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    By state law, they have 60 days to process your application. Lawyer up and sue them.
    That's only for the initial app, whether 4 yr or life.

IC 35-47-2-6
    Granting or rejecting initial application; renewals
    Sec. 6. (a) Every initial application for any license under this chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the application is filed.
    (b) The period during which an application for the renewal of an existing license may be filed begins three hundred sixty-five (365) days before the expiration of the existing license. If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32. Amended by P.L.190-2006, SEC.4; P.L.47-2010, SEC.2.

If you're renewing or upgrading an existing LTCH, they can take as much time as they want, your old one continues to be valid, even though its expiration date has passed, so long as you got your renewal/upgrade application in within 30 days (doesn't say before or after, just "within") of that expiration date.

barnstormer37

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2013
    Throw some wore manpower at the problem?

One would think that with all the $ the ISP has rolling in with these applications that they could afford to add staff to expedite the backlog. Of course they have no competition like a retail business, so timely customer satisfaction is not an issue for them. Lots of $ rolling in to both the ISP and the local LEO agencies.

My application and fingerprints went in electronically ($84.95) Feb. 21st, and I made my trip (along with my $50.00) to the Indy city/county bldg. on Feb 22. (Oh yeh, 4 bucks for the parking garage too.) I'm guessing I still have about a 8 week wait.

This link takes you to the ISP contact page and it has a statement on this issue.

ISP: Contact Us

Top Bottom