• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Today, starting at 11:00am, GunBroker will be auctioning the pistol the handgun that George Zimmerman used to kill Trayvon Martin.
    Starting bid is $5000.

Proceeds are supposedly to go to campaign against Hillary Clinton and the attorney general of Florida.

Who wants to bet he'll get at least $5k.?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I thought this was a spoof thread until I saw the news article and the gunbroker listing itself. Not sure what to think. In one article it said the Smithsonian was interested in it which is one thing, but a private collector buying it, I'm sure the media/left/Hilldog could spew it a lot of bad ways. Just...not....sure... But someone would pay $5k for it or more I'm sure

The listing says no refunds and doesn't require an FFL

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    He will get much more then that. Like it or not it is a gun that has a place in history.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I thought this was a spoof thread until I saw the news article and the gunbroker listing itself. Not sure what to think. In one article it said the Smithsonian was interested in it which is one thing, but a private collector buying it, I'm sure the media/left/Hilldog could spew it a lot of bad ways. Just...not....sure... But someone would pay $5k for it or more I'm sure

The listing says no refunds and doesn't require an FFL

I couldn't find the listing itself.
    Why would it NOT go through an FFL?
    Has it been rendered inoperable?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I couldn't find the listing itself.
    Why would it NOT go through an FFL?
    Has it been rendered inoperable?

I'd post a link to it but don't think I'm allowed. I'm not sure, sure it was just a typo, but at the moment George has it listed where it doesn't require a FFL (I'm sure the gun still works)

If you google "george zimmerman kel tec auction"

it's the second link

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Need a Gun? George Zimmerman is Selling One... Yes, THAT One.

The Florida neighborhood watchman who fatally shot unarmed teen Trayvon Martin in 2012 is putting the killer handgun up for auction — and hoping to fetch at least $5,000.
    “I am honored and humbled to announce the sale of an American Firearm Icon,” Zimmerman wrote in his online description of the weapon. The perverted auction opens for bids at 11 a.m. Thursday.

“The firearm for sale is the firearm that was used to defend my life and end the brutal attack from Trayvon Martin on 2/26/2012 ... Many have expressed interest in owning and displaying the firearm including The Smithsonian Museum in Washington D.C. This is a piece of American History,” Zimmerman wrote.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...n-gun-killed-trayvon-martin-article-1.2634153

Is this guy THAT broke? Actually, the better question, is if he's that short-sighted. He probably could've made a fortune speaking to self-defense groups. Nevertheless, classy act George Zimmerman.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Have to be careful with these, someone could buy it and use it as a prop in a anti-Zimmerman or anti-Second Amendment display

If the parents of trayvon wanted to buy it, would he complete the sale?

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    The article calls it a killer handgun, that's rich.

George is a different kind of wierd, and not the good kind. This gun should never have been part of American history, and it is sad to think it actually is.

I think he is that broke, Kut. He spent a lot of money on attorneys, and there were some stories about his misfortunes post-trial, IIRC.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The article calls it a killer handgun, that's rich.

George is a different kind of wierd, and not the good kind. This gun should never have been part of American history, and it is sad to think it actually is.

I think he is that broke, Kut. He spent a lot of money on attorneys, and there were some stories about his misfortunes post-trial, IIRC.

Speaking from a neutral perspective (well somewhat), it's amazing he hasn't turned this experience into some real money. If he had kept from falling off his rocker, he could have rounded up speaking engagements, tv inteviews, book deals, etc. He had a LOT of options from his "fame." Lots of people that sympathized with him, and were willing to listen to what he has had to say.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Capitalism at work. Let the market set the standard. Personally I don't want him representing ANY gun owner but it is what it is. I'm more interested to see if there will be any actual bidding. As in more than one person is interested in owning this piece of dark history where you have multiple people bidding up the price. To profit on another persons death is personally immoral to me.

Edit: Having just read the text of the auction, he IS full of himself, isn't he?:rolleyes:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Too bad he messed up his ad where it states Requires FFL he put no. I'm sure the left will see this and try to make a point that see you can buy a gun online no background check, even though a few paragraphs down Gb states all law must be observed and firearms must go to a FFL.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Too bad he messed up his ad where it states Requires FFL he put no. I'm sure the left will see this and try to make a point that see you can buy a gun online no background check, even though a few paragraphs down Gb states all law must be observed and firearms must go to a FFL.

Lets see how far this fly's as I am sure some of the alphabet agency's are aware.

Trouble again.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom