• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    For a VERY limited time, and offered ONLY through the NRAStore.com - Home Page

Offer expires September 15th 2013.

"Not ready for a Life membership?"

1 year $25
    3 years $75
    5 years $100

Better hurry if you're interested.

I literally just got a 1 year membership today, well technically yesterday (the 11th). Except I paid full price.

Oh well, hopefully that extra $10 I paid goes to something good :P

Khazik

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Not sure I want them to have my info, in case it's handed over to unscrupulous parties. I'm leery about paying to sign up for a club stating "Yes I have a firearm, here's my address".

*edit* Also I'm suspicious to the recent price drop, happened around Newtown? Why the sudden drive to sign up as many members as possible. Am I being too paranoid?

Never A Victim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Hamilton County
    Not sure I want them to have my info, in case it's handed over to unscrupulous parties. I'm leery about paying to sign up for a club stating "Yes I have a firearm, here's my address".

*edit* Also I'm suspicious to the recent price drop, happened around Newtown? Why the sudden drive to sign up as many members as possible. Am I being too paranoid?

The price drop is to increase membership and therefore increase money. They need money right now more than ever. If they cut membership dues in half but sign up 4 times more people, that does more for the NRA than you can imangine.

If it wasn't for the NRA, none of us would have the legal right to carry a firearm and most states would have banned ownership by now. If you're not a member of the NRA, you're wrong. Rant over.

Huntinfool

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Not sure if you can still get another Life member to sponsor you at $300 or not. I will try and check on this. - Got mine a couple of years ago.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort

Yes I believe you are. If the government really wants to find out who owns firearms - they probably have your Name address, date of birth, traffic record and a background check already ran on you. Tracing the address of a computer (you just posted a message) is not hard. The other issue is that if they start to "confiscate" firearms - the war that will probably ensue would make the Civil War look like a police skirmish and in my opinion there would be so much shooting that taking an individuals firearms would be pretty low on the list after a few days. As far as that goes the NRA would be the last place I would worry about information leaks. And the fact you become a member doesn't necessarily mean you own firearms.

As far as having "specials" on NRA membership - that has happened many times. They really need all of us that defend the 2nd amendment signed up and informed so we continue to be a "Voting Bloc" that has the political clout to oust anti-gun liberals and keep the rest aware that we will vote them out if they don't continue to protect our rights.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I think when I started my EPL membership it was more than 500. Can't remember. Doesn't seem awful though. I should be a true blue life member this month or next! I want a big gaudy sticker! :)

ryancantshoot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2013
    The City
    IMHO it is a Republican fundraising machine. As an occasional dabbler in herb, the unwillingness to bend towards objective reality on the marijuana issue is also troublesome to me.

Just thought I'd throw out some dissent fwiw from a fellow gun owner. Anyone who smokes herb, or otherwise believes marijuana is not, in fact, The Great Satan might want to reconsider NRA support. In their opinion we're all drug addicts who don't deserve the right to own a firearm. Even in Colorado where marijuana is legal- in spite of the fact that the Obama Admin recently announced they have no desire to continue raiding CO marijuana users- the NRA is silent.

Suspicious? Department of Justice Denies Guns to Medical Marijuana Patients, and the NRA is Silent | Alternet

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    What is more important than the money raised is the membership total. Politicians will not buck big voter blocks. In this case there really is safety in numbers.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    IMHO it is a Republican fundraising machine. As an occasional dabbler in herb, the unwillingness to bend towards objective reality on the marijuana issue is also troublesome to me.

Just thought I'd throw out some dissent fwiw from a fellow gun owner. Anyone who smokes herb, or otherwise believes marijuana is not, in fact, The Great Satan might want to reconsider NRA support. In their opinion we're all drug addicts who don't deserve the right to own a firearm. Even in Colorado where marijuana is legal- in spite of the fact that the Obama Admin recently announced they have no desire to continue raiding CO marijuana users- the NRA is silent.

Suspicious? Department of Justice Denies Guns to Medical Marijuana Patients, and the NRA is Silent | Alternet

From your link: Any person who uses or is addicted to marijuana, regardless of whether or not his or her state has passed legislation authorizing marijuana use for medicinal purposes, is an unlawful user of or is addicted to a controlled substance and is prohibited by federal law from possessing firearms or ammunition," Herbert wrote.

Seems pretty black and white, Fed law must be followed.

Khazik

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN

I for one understand the history of the criminalization of cannabis (I refuse to identify it as the coined term: Marijuana) in the US starting in the early 1900's with racist fear-mongering propaganda. Cannabis support is a big thing for me. I gotta say stuff like this turns me away from the NRA.

From your link: Any person who uses or is addicted to marijuana, regardless of whether or not his or her state has passed legislation authorizing marijuana use for medicinal purposes, is an unlawful user of or is addicted to a controlled substance and is prohibited by federal law from possessing firearms or ammunition," Herbert wrote.

Seems pretty black and white, Fed law must be followed.
    Just because an act is labeled a criminal act, does not make the act a criminal act; the law may be law, but doesn't make it right. I'd go into why cannabis is labeled what it is, but I'm choosing not to derail the topic here. Personally, I question our laws: their purpose, their reasoning, the agenda served, and the causality of following or not following them, and think everyone should do the same.

Thanks to the previous posters for helping me decide (especially the comment about tracking posts). If I get the money to do so, I might be inclined to sign up, but I'll have to see if I can find any updates from the Sept, 2011 article linked above.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.

Can always donate to NORML.org as well.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom