• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Hope you aren't looking for discrete packaging. It showed up on my porch the other day clearly advertising the contents. =) I guess with all the hazmat (powder) packages that show up, I'm not fooling anyone.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I'm splitting one of these in half with a buddy... He's paid for discrete packaging before and he says the delivery guy always knows what it is anyways... I'd guess they handle enough stuff it's not too hard for them to know.

corngrower

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Not too worried about discreet shipping. All.my packages get shipped to a business address sonwe have inside drop off from UPS. Fed ex on the other hand will dump outside in the rain and never ring the buzzer.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    186   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Made a quick trip to the range today, several groups under 1" at 100 yards, shooting from a bench with a bipod. If I had bags (and warmer weather) would probably be a little tighter.

Savage Axis II, 22" barrel, 1/9 twist
    mixed headstamp brass processed & primed by someone else, cases were irregular length & blew 3 primers :(.
    light crimp

Ran from 23.0 gr to 25.4gr. tightest groups were 23.6, 23.8 & 24.8 of 1" or less

I am going to run some with some 1x fire formed brass neck sized only to see how they do, I suspect it will be better.
    Also going to do another batch to run through my PSA 16" carbine 1/7. If those turn out this good I will probably load a bunch up for AR food.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Made a quick trip to the range today, several groups under 1" at 100 yards, shooting from a bench with a bipod. If I had bags (and warmer weather) would probably be a little tighter.

Savage Axis II, 22" barrel, 1/9 twist
    mixed headstamp brass processed & primed by someone else, cases were irregular length & blew 3 primers :(.
    light crimp

Ran from 23.0 gr to 25.4gr. tightest groups were 23.6, 23.8 & 24.8 of 1" or less

I am going to run some with some 1x fire formed brass neck sized only to see how they do, I suspect it will be better.
    Also going to do another batch to run through my PSA 16" carbine 1/7. If those turn out this good I will probably load a bunch up for AR food.

Thanks for the report... What kind of powder are you running? Just curious. I'm planning on using all of these for ar shooting anyhow most of the other junk I load up that's not "plinking" is heavier grain anyhow.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Thank you for the loading info. I'm curious on the powder also.
    I didn't expect that kind of accuracy. Makes me wonder if ordering another case should be considered?

Got mine today:
    20160127_141420_zps8umlbnju.jpg

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Thanks for the report... What kind of powder are you running? Just curious. I'm planning on using all of these for ar shooting anyhow most of the other junk I load up that's not "plinking" is heavier grain anyhow.

Thank you for the loading info. I'm curious on the powder also.
    I didn't expect that kind of accuracy. Makes me wonder if ordering another case should be considered?

See his post at the top of Page 4, he's using IMR 4064. It doesn't go through most powder measures all that well, but with hand weighed charges it is capable of exceptional accuracy. A lot of ammo fired at the National Matches uses IMR 4064 (30-06, 308, and 223; it's quite versatile).

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    See his post at the top of Page 4, he's using IMR 4064. It doesn't go through most powder measures all that well, but with hand weighed charges it is capable of exceptional accuracy. A lot of ammo fired at the National Matches uses IMR 4064 (30-06, 308, and 223; it's quite versatile).

IMR 4064, using my new chargemaster :):

these are the best 2 groups;

View attachment 44569View attachment 44570

Top Bottom