5.7x28 Once fired brass (prefer FN) or FN ammo?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • centertube

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Mooresville
    Looking for some 5.7x28 Fn Brass (Once Fired) or Fn ammo with 40Gr VMax bullet (New). Please let me know if you have any, specifics about it, quantity and price. If you live close to Mooresville, we can meet to complete. Thanks.

Johncandy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    I have 41 pieces of 5.7 fn, collected from atterbury during a recent trip. I have no idea what it's worth, please hit me up, call or text 317-260-8911.

gopurdue02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    5.7 is a very very very tricky round to reload. I would advise you to only reload your own brass and sort it by lots and throw it out after 4-6 reloads. The cases expand so much you have to trim quite a bit and that only thin's out the case even more. When I shot my PS-90 SBR with 5.7 reloads I wear outside-the-wire rated eye protection because the action it literally in my face. It is kinda fun pushing the envelope for what is possible to reload....but extreme caution is warranted with the 5.7 round because of it's unique characteristic. For example in my testing one tenth of a grain differences in powder lead to an almost 60 FPS difference in bullet speed. I would advise against going anywhere near the max with this round and shoot for a nice plinker round.

centertube

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Mooresville
    gopurdue02 - Thanks for the input, good information and much appreciated.

Johncandy - Thank you for the response. I located 500 pieces and will not require any more. I only load this round for others. Thanks again.

Top Bottom