• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    i purchased my gen4 19 a little under a year ago. havent had a single issue yet. fired federal, american eagle, tula, and a few different hollow points.

Please don't take this personal. I think the problems are intermitent and there are some good guns out there, and you may have one. And you are already a leg up with the new ejector. But I also think a lot of folks aren't aware of the problem. For instance, the fella I referenced w/ the new Gen4 G19 (that was spewing brass at all sort of weird angles) thought it was working great too. I predict he doesn't make it 500 rounds w/o failures.

I believe that the serials involved have been posted lots of places, and I actually think it was an issue with burrs on the extractor/ejector as that looks like that's all they fixed.

I've been following the issue closely as I really want to get my guns to work, and I haven't seen serial numbers (other than some speculation) or information about "burrs" (other than your example). Can you please point us there?

I've had 3 Gen3s all new since Nov 2011. A G19, a G34 (went to glock 3 times and they finally replaced it), and a second G34 (direct from Glock). All have had poor ejection so I am 0 for 3. I've seen no burrs or unusual wear on any of them.

I gave up on glock's ability to diagnose it. Hoping Apex really does have the cure.

In my gen3 G34, a Gen4 ejector and additional extractor spring tension has really helped. I'm almost to 1k rounds w/o a malfunction now. Confidence in the gun is creaping back in. (The G19 had not actually malfunctioned until sometime arount the 1k-1500th round).

-rvb

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I think the deal with the Gen 3s is that since the Gen 4s came out, Glock is/was putting some of the newer parts (i.e. extractors and ejectors) in the Gen 3s as well. Thus, the Gen 4 goofiness bled over into the Gen 3s to a degree.

I've had no issues with pre-Gen 4 Gen 3s. (As weird as that statement sounds.)

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Please don't take this personal. I think the problems are intermitent and there are some good guns out there, and you may have one. And you are already a leg up with the new ejector. But I also think a lot of folks aren't aware of the problem. For instance, the fella I referenced w/ the new Gen4 G19 (that was spewing brass at all sort of weird angles) thought it was working great too. I predict he doesn't make it 500 rounds w/o failures.

I've been following the issue closely as I really want to get my guns to work, and I haven't seen serial numbers (other than some speculation) or information about "burrs" (other than your example). Can you please point us there?

I've had 3 Gen3s all new since Nov 2011. A G19, a G34 (went to glock 3 times and they finally replaced it), and a second G34 (direct from Glock). All have had poor ejection so I am 0 for 3. I've seen no burrs or unusual wear on any of them.

I gave up on glock's ability to diagnose it. Hoping Apex really does have the cure.

In my gen3 G34, a Gen4 ejector and additional extractor spring tension has really helped. I'm almost to 1k rounds w/o a malfunction now. Confidence in the gun is creaping back in. (The G19 had not actually malfunctioned until sometime arount the 1k-1500th round).

-rvb
    Gen 3 Glock 19 - Glock Talk

Gen 3's with P-S serials have been known to have issues. Mine had serial ST**** so it was a later S gun. As such, they had me mail it to them.

I noted a MIM flaw in my ejector and it is smooth now. Extractor looks like they took a fine file to it as well, but they replaced nothing.

I had one brass out of a box of 50. I contribute that to me. Have you had other people shoot yours?

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I think the deal with the Gen 3s is that since the Gen 4s came out, Glock is/was putting some of the newer parts (i.e. extractors and ejectors) in the Gen 3s as well. Thus, the Gen 4 goofiness bled over into the Gen 3s to a degree.

I've had no issues with pre-Gen 4 Gen 3s. (As weird as that statement sounds.)

I've long said I believe they changed something in all their product lines when they went to gen4, probably to save a penny. Maybe a small part like the extractor, maybe something in the slide, maybe even tollerance acceptance. I don't have anything else to compare to.

Gen 3 Glock 19 - Glock Talk

Gen 3's with P-S serials have been known to have issues. Mine had serial ST**** so it was a later S gun. As such, they had me mail it to them.

I noted a MIM flaw in my ejector and it is smooth now. Extractor looks like they took a fine file to it as well, but they replaced nothing.

I had one brass out of a box of 50. I contribute that to me. Have you had other people shoot yours?

Thanks for the link. I'll have to check the SNs when I get home. SN of the one glock replaced was SFV###.

Several other experienced glock users have shot my glocks, and seen the same ejection problems. I have shot others' guns and not had the issue.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/shooting_sports/183441-new_production_gun-6.html

-rvb

Treeslayer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    I've had my gen 4 for about 2 months, about 400 rounds through it. No malfunctions of any kind as long as brass in every direction is not a malfunction. Sucks if you save your brass.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    Well my last 2 g 19s had some fsb(face smacking brass)...they all had the 336 extractor....i ordered the new trigger housing which has the 30274 ejector..the new ejector is is flat instead of pointed lol

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Gen 3's with P-S serials have been known to have issues.
    I'll have to check the SNs when I get home.

Both of my glocks (a G19 and a G34) start w/ "S". Thanks for that information; that was something I hadn't seen in searching the net.

I'm wondering if I ordered a new extractor from someplace like glockparts if I'd get the same extractor that is going into the new pistols.

I've had my gen 4 for about 2 months, about 400 rounds through it. No malfunctions of any kind as long as brass in every direction is not a malfunction. Sucks if you save your brass.

When the brass is ejecting that erradically, that's a malfunction waiting to happen, imo. It means either the casing isn't hitting the ejector consistently, or it's not ejecting at the correct angle or speed to clear the ejection port.

Since it is only 2 mo old, I'd be interested to hear where your SN sits in relation to the information DoubleT provided.

I'd be especially interested to hear from anyone with erratic ejection whose SN falls out of that P-S range. If none, that would give some confidence to start buying again so long as SNs are checked in the store (or a source of "new" extractors is identified)....

-rvb

snuffy33

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    140   0   0
    Apr 25, 2008
    Indy
    I'd be especially interested to hear from anyone with erratic ejection whose SN falls out of that P-S range.
    -rvb

I HAD a G19 with S/N TEKxxx that ejected brass very weakly in my hair and face.
    Date on the fired case envelope was 6-7-12.

marrell1482

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    NWI
    I had a gen 4 glock 17 with about five hundred rounds through it with no problem. Just traded up to a gen 4 21 I've put two hundred rounds through it with no problems.

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I think they are fixed but the other question is: do you care?
    If you don't need any of the Gen4 attributes just buy the Gen3.
    I personally prefer the smaller grip and rough texture so it was a no brainer for me.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Gen 4 is the only reason I came back to Glock, doesn't seem like much but the grip is quite a bit improved IMO.

300 rounds through my 19 so far without a hint of a malfunction of any kind.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    17 S/N SLP### No issues but only has about 200 - 250 rounds through it.
    26 S/N RFR### No issues with about 800. It's what I normally carry at work so I train with it more.
    Both are Gen 4

I don't consider a gun broke in till about 500 rounds so I'll have to wait and see what happens with my 17.

Also, I don't know if it makes a difference or not but both are "Blue Label" Glocks.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom