• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Bersa makes a good .45. It only comes in the compact form so the mag is limited to 7 rounds, but then again that's no different than most of the 1911s I have. It's comfortable to shoot and is fully ambidextrous. I don't know that it would be the best choice for a sport gun but for concealed carry it's pretty good. A mid-sized 1911 makes a good sport gun that can be carried if desired. You can dress it up with a nice set of grips or go with ultra thin grips when you start carrying it. Thin grips on a 1911 make it very easy to conceal.

reeseg45

Plinker
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    go see what fit's glock's are a good gun at a good price but the grip is funky xd my favorite plastic gun grip is sweet but those fit me maybe not you. 1911 dont make it your first .45 to much money for a good one work up to it they are no.1 when their runnin good. sig p220 real good first .45 good recoil control and run's 100% out of the box hard to beat. either way go handle a bunch get what fit's you.

ftbstrd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Yorktown/Muncie
    .45 choices

I Have a Kimber Pro, Glock 30, and a Springfield XD .45. As of right now the XD is my favorite to shoot and carry and the best priced of the three. I have also had a Para Ordinance and a Sig GSR and they too were sweet. :twocents:

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Sorry for the vaugeness of the question, but I mostly just shoot for fun. But have been considering getting something to carry. I would like to stay under 400 bucks if thats all possible. Thats the amount of cash ill have to work with after I get my tax money back. But thanks for the replys all good info to consider

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    If your price range is under $400, check the Bersa out. It usually runs around $350 NIB and has a lifetime warranty. They really are nice guns. It's hard to find an owner of a large frame Bersa that does not like it. Check Bersa Chat Forum out for more info.

Here's a photo of my Bersa 9UC. My 45UC is very similar.
    picture.php

rcflyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    HiPoint2.jpg

HiPoint3.jpg

HiPoint.jpg

Less than $200. Very accurate and never any failure of any kind,plus lifetime warranty.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    I shall, as usual, speak well of my Ruger P345. I would however be interested in a double stack 45. 8+1 isnt' too shabby, but I'd like to try out an FNP 45, 14+1 is more, for about $100 bucks more.

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    Taurus PT1911 AR - just picked up mine from Blythe's in Valpo for $550!! What a steal. It has all the bells and whistles.
    Extended beaver tail
    skeletonized trigger and hammer
    aluminum receiver
    tac rail
    2 clips, tools and hard case

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    The barsa looks to be a very good pice. I have a high point 40, it shoots great but the balance of their hand guns suck. Thats why I was maybe considering something else. Im goin to have to check out the Barsa for the price seems like a reasonable deal.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    In general what are you looking for?

Hammer fired
    Striker fired
    Steel frame
    Polymer frame

My vote would go for the FNP45. They are hammer fired polymer framed pistols. They come with interchangeable back straps and three magazines. That's just my opinion though. There are a lot of good .45 acp guns on the market. Best thing you can do, is fondle and shoot as many as you can. Then make your decision from there.

KAS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Indianapolis
    With a $400 budget, the Rock Island as a new gun, is your better option. There are a ton of used guns out there that might keep you close to your budget, though.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Well little bit of an update, I just went and filed for my lifetime carry liscence so I just might start carrying. But I did go up to the local shop yesterday, and I have to even if I have to save a little more cash, im getting something in stainless. Dnt know what it was but stainless except for the black grips, and it was 700 so I would say it was used. But thats ok for a quality gun. Dont really like the short stubby type guns, I know it makes it harder to carry one thats a larger style, but im not going to shell out that kind of money for something I dont like. I dont mind if its hard to concel just as long as I can find a holster,lol. Thanks for the input, very helpfull

Top Bottom