• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    If Indiana Senate Bill 243 passes allowing the use of suppressors on hunting guns, does anyone know of any good .458 SOCOM suppressors? I have several suppressors but none that will work on a SOCOM. I appreciate any help you guys can provide.

EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville

I have a Silencerco Osprey .45 coming in from Andrew at ProFire Supply in Indy but Silencerco says their suppressor won't handle the .458 SOCOM.
    Tim at Suppressed Armament Systems in Evansville is moving to Arizona and supposedly not taking any new orders right now. He said he has made some .458 suppressors in the past but didn't seem very interested unless there were a lot of people wanting them.
    That left me starting over in my search for a .458 suppressor.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I know a secret ...

I swear it seems like everytime someone wants something you guys "know a secret". I cant handle all the waiting and wondering. I need to know whats going on.:D
    It isnt good for my mental and emotional health.

+1 for listening and giving the people exactly want we want.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County

[QUOTE
    +1 for listening and giving the people exactly want we want.[/QUOTE]

You want a secret?

My problem is I get impatient waiting on the details for said secret. Then wish I would have waited for said secret to make it to market. Then I get tired of waiting stamp.

I don't like waiting!:popcorn:

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    I saw this sitting around the shop. The one on the right is the Kestrel 5.56. The one on the left is about 3 inches longer.

photobucket-3287-1328212117117.jpg

PunkRockrawler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    Elizabeth, IN
    COASTAL GUNS out of Georgia makes a 45 sub gun can called the M.I.M.S. that is avaiable with custom endcaps to accomadate multiple thread options. I have personally seen subsonic 500gr ammo shot through one out of a 10.5in SBR 458socom Teppo Jutsu upper.
    I seriously dought that it would hold up under full power loads, but with the subsonics there were no ill effects and it was actually pretty quiet. Pretty big thud when the bullet hit the plywood stand though.

lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    Just dragging this one back up...any movement? Is there a 458 SOCOM available yet?

Thanks to the government now is the time to think about next season and crossing your fingers.

bsmith918

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    SBR claims to sell one $699 . claim that it will handle anything you can throw at it .

I'm pretty sure that it's just a rebadged Coastal suppressor. Also, I thought the Bower's Versa will handle full power .458 and .50B.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    SSK Industries makes .22 through 50 cal. They may be able to help

Top Bottom