• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    As mentioned the 225 FTX is for .45 Colt speeds. It's worth it to get the 240 XTP-Mag for a bit more... and they have a better ballistic coefficient.

Dead is dead, many people are using the 225's on 450bushmaster.net. I've had zero problems with them.

Last edited:

IndyGuns1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    indy
    I would love to purchase the 450 upper but I can't find any!! If I can't find one before April I'll just stick to my ruger .44. What's a "comfortable" kill distance for deer with it?

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    I would love to purchase the 450 upper but I can't find any!! If I can't find one before April I'll just stick to my ruger .44. What's a "comfortable" kill distance for deer with it?

Its a 200 yard weapon, I've shot on paper with it out to about 150 yards and its very accurate. I would never see shots that far in the woods hunting though...

Yes, it looks like there is a run on 450 bushmaster uppers, everybody is trying to buy them, and nobody has them in stock.

IndyGuns1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    indy
    Well only reason I ask is this patch of woods I hunt I usually have deer in around 175 yards and I wouldn't want to risk that far of a shot with my .44 especially in most weather conditions. And my heart can't really handle the 15mins it takes for those slow deer to get closer :P lol

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    Well only reason I ask is this patch of woods I hunt I usually have deer in around 175 yards and I wouldn't want to risk that far of a shot with my .44 especially in most weather conditions. And my heart can't really handle the 15mins it takes for those slow deer to get closer :P lol

Yep you can shoot out that far with it no problem, must be nice to see them out that far. I hunt in deep woods, thick underbrush, they are ontop of me before I know it and I'm reacting, usually 30 yard shots and under.

IndyGuns1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    indy
    Yeah it isn't bad. I've got some thicker wooded lots I can hunt but choose the easy way out. Gets pretty windy tho. Luckily the neighboring farmers kids are horrible hunters, and usually just push the deer right to me and they stop and stand 60-100yards out looking the opposite direction.

Adrian8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011

The Hornady Reloading Manual 8th Edition says it is "Capable of taking large game at ranges up to 250 yards". Seems like a long poke, but some guy on Bushmaster.net says he killed one at 263...anyway... 200 yds should be fine, and that is a long shot in "real world whitetail hunting"

EMB145

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Sellersburg
    The only on I'm able to find available is the Remington r15 18" upper. Does anyone have any experience with this upper or have heard any feedback?

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    The only on I'm able to find available is the Remington r15 18" upper. Does anyone have any experience with this upper or have heard any feedback?

thats a fine upper, I would have gotten one of those, but the bushmaster is much much cheaper if you can find one

Adrian8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    I think the Remington AR and upper are basically the same as the Bushmaster. I am pretty sure the Remington ARs are made by Bushmaster.

EMB145

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Sellersburg
    im getting PMs but apparently I cannot respond until I have a certain amount of public posts. so email if you are interested I guess...

nickman54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Try walsh gun and tackle

In Michigan, he had one to my door for 550. This was a 20". I havent had any cycling issues either.

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    Nice, glad you found what you want. Since I already have a 458, so, there is no need for another similar one. I might move to Ewin TN this summer. Anyone know any gun laws there?

Top Bottom