Oh yeah, this one too!

tommy_m1.jpg

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    As BT already asked, I'm assuming you're talking only about .45 ACP guns.
    If so, you don't necessarily have to limit yourself to currently manufactured guns.
    Marlin's now discontinued Camp Carbine was available in .45 ACP, and you can use standard 1911 magazines in it, so that's a big advantage.
    I haven't looked at prices on GunBroker and elsewhere, but I'd be willing to bet you could find one in decent condition for a fair price.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    B&T (Swedish) just stared importing ACP45 (pistols, or can SBR). Check out GMP Parts Company, they've posted info on HKPRO (hope that ref. isn't a no no). All reviews I've found are great, but $2,200 is some serious cash.

If I didn't have a Wilson Combat to pay for soon, would have already ordered one.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Anyone other than Kriss or highpoint making .45 rifles anymore ?

Very interesting platform.

Ugly and a highpoint.

Oh yeah, this one too!

tommy_m1.jpg

Love it, but way too heavy.

As BT already asked, I'm assuming you're talking only about .45 ACP guns.
    If so, you don't necessarily have to limit yourself to currently manufactured guns.
    Marlin's now discontinued Camp Carbine was available in .45 ACP, and you can use standard 1911 magazines in it, so that's a big advantage.
    I haven't looked at prices on GunBroker and elsewhere, but I'd be willing to bet you could find one in decent condition for a fair price.

I got mine in very lightly used nearly new condition for $450 when they were listed for $800 on Gun Broker. They sold for $139 new before the '93 AWB.

Of the currently available, this is the best looking and feeling, but only comparable with Beretta Mags.

Bazooka brothers make .45acp lowers and factory .45acp ARs right here in Indiana

Bleat, flow the sheep to just another AR style platform.

B&T (Swedish) just stared importing ACP45 (pistols, or can SBR). Check out GMP Parts Company, they've posted info on HKPRO (hope that ref. isn't a no no). All reviews I've found are great, but $2,200 is some serious cash.

If I didn't have a Wilson Combat to pay for soon, would have already ordered one.

Uglier than a Highpoint or an AR.

Just my opinion, Flame on.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I have a Mech Tech carbine on one of my Glock 21's and it has been perfect. If you are a Glock hater they make them for 1911s too and I think for the Springfield XD line now or very soon. I really like this (Glock+Mech Tech) combination.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I was thinking I saw somewhere you could buy an AR-like upper and use your .45 as the lower, but I don't remember where I saw them. Age...

I have a Mech Tech carbine on one of my Glock 21's and it has been perfect. If you are a Glock hater they make them for 1911s too and I think for the Springfield XD line now or very soon. I really like this (Glock+Mech Tech) combination.

Problem solved Redbird....

Top Bottom