• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45-70

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    As already stated, the roll, taper and factory crimps are all different animals. Spend a few bucks on the Lee factory crimper. It'll clean those loads right up. I use a factory crimp on every caliber I reload.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    As already stated, the roll, taper and factory crimps are all different animals. Spend a few bucks on the Lee factory crimper. It'll clean those loads right up. I use a factory crimp on every caliber I reload.

I had a pistol and revolver in .45 acp that would give me issues with my reloads. The Lee FCD fixed all the problems. They both now run 100% with my reloads.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Taurus PT145 Millenium Pro

I wouldn't think that the chamber would be too tight on that barrel. When you size and crimp in one operation, it is easy to get that bulge in the case. It takes quite a bit of fiddling to get it just right, especially when using mixed brass of unknown origin. It is a lot easier to seat only in one operation and taper crimp in another.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Switch to Jacketed bullets

I've been reloading for a few years and my brother for a lot longer than that. He had a similar problem when He used plain lead bullets. I load nothing but jacketed bullets on my Lee Pro 1000 and don't have an issue. I simply make sure I get a full re-size, and I do not Crimp. Mine feed fine in my colt. One other problem may be if the brass was fired in a Glock, I've been told that their chambers are a little loose and cause problems when trying to reload the brass because the shells are a little larger after firing.:ar15:

Top Bottom