Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Huh? :dunno:

Explain please.

Bazooka Brothers Mfg.

They are a builder from Indiana that makes an AR lower that is specifically made to accept Grease Gun Mags. Paired with an RMW Upper that is a direct impingement upper just like a standard AR which requires none of the special parts like most Pistol Caliber ARs. Making for a pretty wicked substitute for Thompson...

Plus they have quite the Caliber option. Most of the Favorites anyway...
    40S&W, 357sig, 355RMW(9x25), 10mm, 7.62x25, 45acp, 45super, 460 Rowland, 40super, 40RMW(45win mag necked to 40cal), 45win mag, 440corbon, 50AE, 300Whisper, 338BR, 6.5BR, 6.5TCU

Bazooka Brothers​
    PO Box 25
    Russiaville IN 46979​
    765-434-7709

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    You could also pony up and get a Kriss...

+1

If you can swing it just save up, they are more than worth the money!

k2.jpg

k1.jpg

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    You could also pony up and get a Kriss...

I've shot one of the Kriss's and loved it! I was accurate with it (although he only had the target at 10 yards or so, lol). And recoil was light. Just not looking to spend that kind of money right now.

That custom AR would be nice, either in the 45 acp or even 7.62x25. I've got both calibers and the 7.62 is very cheap to shoot and packs quite a punch. Ugh so many choices!!!! Although I just now looked at the link for the Bazooka Brothers. Very nice but a bit out of my price range for the moment. I guess I'm going to have to start saving up unless I get real lucky.

Last edited:

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Any ideas on a reasonably priced reliable .45 acp Carbine.

The Marlins just don't seem too available these days and they really don't have much on the wow factor besides.

Looking for something in the same caliber as our pistols but with a little more reach and accuracy. It doesn't have to be ultra tacti cool but something that can run a higher cap mag and won't break the bank would be nice.

Any thoughts or am I better off doing a 9mm keltec, beretta or hipoint?

I wanted a rifle in the same caliber as my handgun and at the time only had a Ruger P944. I ended up doing a little research on my own and found that Ruger had a PC4 carbine that used the same magazine as my pistol. I love the 20 round mags that I can shoot in either rifle or pistol! The fact that I only have to buy one type of magazine makes it even sweeter!

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Are the local folks learning anything? My son gets there Dec 1, when do you get to come home?

It is kinda crazy some of the classes are great successes, others not so good. For the most part 7th - 8th grade students at home have a greater base of ag knowledge than some of the people who have been farming for an entire lifetime here. Like crop rotation and composting for an example, these 2 classes almost started fights sometimes just over whether they would work or not. Then when we covered Pesticides and Fertilizers, we found several people who can read the Chemical compounds and actually surpassed some of with their knowledge. It is just plain weird on what knowledge and skills are retained and which ones become lost...

Should be home by November...
    Hopefully...

AccuRat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Just north of nowhere...
    With a Glock frame the Mech Tech is not too bad but the 1911 still has the magazine capacity problem...Not everyone has one of these....

drum3.jpg

A gunsmith friend of mine converted a SKS to 45 acp using Glock mags...looked ugly but shoots great!

I almost bought a Mechtech for my 1911, but for that reason alone, I opted out. Now if I had a Glock or they had an application for an XD....

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    If I were looking to buy a pistol caliber carbine I'd probably buy either a pistol caliber AR, Beretta CX4 Storm or a Vector Arms Uzi, I really haven't liked any of the Mech-Tech conversions or Keltec 2000's that I have fired.

I don't know anything about those Master Piece Arms or High Point carbines so I can't really add anything on those except that they are both fugly as sin!

STRIKER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2010
    I would go with the Keltec from you options, the only reliable .45acp long gun that I've fired was a Kriss, but they also have problems of their own, and the price tag is quite high.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I love my Thompson. Don't know what i was thinking trying to trade it.:dunno:

Just bought another drum and some more mags for it.:rockwoot:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    Hollow log
    The only PCC I would consider buying myself is the Beretta Storm. Beretta costs more, but its a better built, better finished gun - Buy once, cry once.

I'm sure you have already researched the ballistics of a 45 acp... but for the sake of other readers, I will delve further.

Standard pressure 230gr loads are by FAR the most common 45acp ammo on the market... This type of ammo gains a meager 90fps from a 16" barrel on average, over a 5" 1911 - once you go PAST 16", you start to LOSE velocity

The 45acp just doesn't have the case capacity. One way around that is to use a lighter bullet, which takes up less space in the case. Light 165gr bullets gain you as much as 200fps from a long tube.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    The only PCC I would consider buying myself is the Beretta Storm. Beretta costs more, but its a better built, better finished gun - Buy once, cry once.

I'm sure you have already researched the ballistics of a 45 acp... but for the sake of other readers, I will delve further.

Standard pressure 230gr loads are by FAR the most common 45acp ammo on the market... This type of ammo gains a meager 90fps from a 16" barrel on average, over a 5" 1911 - once you go PAST 16", you start to LOSE velocity

The 45acp just doesn't have the case capacity. One way around that is to use a lighter bullet, which takes up less space in the case. Light 165gr bullets gain you as much as 200fps from a long tube.

This is why the primary ammo I will use in the Feather 45acp carbine I just bought is going to be 185-165 grain, and most of them +p. At least for defense ammo.

Top Bottom