• ...and so much more!
  • richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    hi guys, i am thinking about a g31 barrel for my g22. if i get one it will be in my in my daily carry piece. i have been trying to find the pros and cons to this. if i do get this barrel my .40 barrel will be going into a different pistol that i will most likely not carry often.
    side note is i am doing alot of customizing to my carry, and i will have enough parts left over to build a second pistol. that is why i am trying to build something a little different than the first pistol.
    so i guess my choices are:
    g31 barrel. carry 357 sig for defense,
    9mm conversion barrel, and extra money in parts to make that work, or
    another .40 cal barrel and have two .40s.

if it helps, i plan to have the crown on the new barrel laser engraved, and the people who do it do not recommend it on .40 and .45. because the barrel walls are thin and it is hard to make out what is on it.
    thanks for you help and input.
    Ric

BoilerFan 06

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    The only real downside I see is the cost of ammo for the .357 sig, it's certainly not cheap. If you reload then it definitely makes it more affordable and practical to practice with. I have actually been thinking about picking up a G32 for my G23 and using that for my carry gun as I think .357 is a great round.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    If you like a snappy round 357 sig is the one. 357 sig ammo seems like it's coming down some. Seen it as low 18.00 for 50, up to 25.00 at the gun show. Yes reloading is the way to go for any caliber.

As far as going from 40 to 357, heard may be wrong, need to upgrade recoil springs. Mag is the same.

kilo11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Avon,IN
    I've been shooting and carrying a G23 with a G32 barrel for the last 7years. The
    .357 barrel in a .40 Glock runs flawless and gives you LESS recoil than the .40. I would definently suggest the .357 barrel option. If you go the 9mm route, you'll end up spending almost as much as it would cost for another gun (new slide, ejector housing, etc.).

Once I confirmed how my .357 carry ammo shot and made sure it was reliable, I just train with the .40 barrel installed with .40 ammo. The cost of .357 ammo is a non-issue at that point.

The .357 SIG is without a doubt one of the best carry cartridges on the market. There are some great loads out there from Double Tap and Buffalo Bore, and it shoots like a laser out to 100 yards while having less recoil than the .40 in the same gun. Many shooter have even found the .357 to be even more reliable using the .40 mags as opposed to using .357 mags. I can't say enough great things about the .357 SIG and making the transition from .40. In the Glock platform, the switch is 100% reliable.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I've been shooting and carrying a G23 with a G32 barrel for the last 7years. The
    .357 barrel in a .40 Glock runs flawless and gives you LESS recoil than the .40. I would definently suggest the .357 barrel option. If you go the 9mm route, you'll end up spending almost as much as it would cost for another gun (new slide, ejector housing, etc.).

Once I confirmed how my .357 carry ammo shot and made sure it was reliable, I just train with the .40 barrel installed with .40 ammo. The cost of .357 ammo is a non-issue at that point.

The .357 SIG is without a doubt one of the best carry cartridges on the market. There are some great loads out there from Double Tap and Buffalo Bore, and it shoots like a laser out to 100 yards while having less recoil than the .40 in the same gun. Many shooter have even found the .357 to be even more reliable using the .40 mags as opposed to using .357 mags. I can't say enough great things about the .357 SIG and making the transition from .40. In the Glock platform, the switch is 100% reliable.

If you are going to use it as a carry gun then I would certainly replace the parts mentioned for 9mm, at least the ejector. Might even consider a lighter recoil spring and a stainless steel guide rod, I have been told that a Glock O.E.M. guide rod doesn't have the ability to swap springs. I have not switched springs so I don't know that as a fact.

Not all Glocks have to change out all those parts to covert to 9mm. I use a Lone Wolf conversion barrel in my G22 and G17 mags and it runs 9mm flawlessly with standard commercial ammo. I have had some failures with reloaded rounds, loaded to light for the springs installed I suspect. I also have a stock Glock .357 sig barrel, same thing no failures. But then I am of a mind that I wont carry my Glock in anything but the caliber its designed for, that way I'm confident that it will run reliably.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    My EDC is a glock 32. My nighstand gun is a glock 32C. You can't go wrong with it even with the slightly higher ammo prices. A gen 4 model 32 is on my buy soon list.

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    Love my G32 ! !
    I've got the 40 & 9 mm barrels and it makes for a great all around package. The 40 barrel is Glock factory and the 9 mm is lone wolfe. Both perform flawlessly. I do not change anything when shooting 9 mm. No ejector, spring or rod and it has 250+- rounds thru her.
    You'll love this gun :)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom