• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Get a Glock 22 police trade-in. You can probably find one at the Indy1500 for $400 or less.
    Buy a couple extra mags and you are set.
    I have a Gen3 Glock 22 with a factory 22 round mag in the 'ole night stand.

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    The Indy 1500 is definitely a place I plan on going, but more like towards the beginning of the new year when I can spend the money. I've been before and saw a lot of good handguns at a decent price, and will be going again.

WeeJ

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Take the sigma out of that list...what a turd. It doesn't deserve the s&w name stamp.

I would disagree. The originals were not so good, the updated ones worked reliably, but you needed strong fingers to fire it. The latest model has more improvements. For $300 you get a reliable gun with a lifetime warranty and it does not have Taurus stamped on the side. Not a bad choice for a non enthusiast who wants a utilitarian gun.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Actually you can get a new Gen3 Glock 23 at the high end of that range. You wont regret it. Problem solved. ;)

For home defense, step up to the G22. The extra size will help you shoot it more effectively. The ability to quickly get a 2nd round on target with a G23 can be a challenge with Gen 3s and hotter ammo.

JMO

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    How about something a bit different? Try a CZ P06 or CZ 40P.

after a lot of research and some coonfingering, I been thinking of going with a cz or an eaa witness. I'm leaning more towards the cz, the reviews on cz-USA and their products are solid, pistol reviews, solid. As of what model, still undecided. But I figure drop a little more and get cz's solid quality, reliability, service. Plus I am not really a glock fan, shot them several times and, too uncomfortable and blocky, kind of awkward trigger I thought.

Top Bottom