3rd annual Open Shoot at ProTEG in Brazil, IN All Are Welcome (INGO folks)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I am going to the 9am church service, have everything pretty much rounded up but might grab my 350 brick of 9 to bring also. I also have 90 clay pigeons and 100 shotgun shells.

Anyone know if tanner rite is allowed? I have ten bottles of it and two plastic coffee cans I want to fill if flour if allowed. I won't be able to stay four for an hour or so. Have about thirty to forty family and friends coming over later in the afternoon tomorrow for a cookout and to find out if I will be a father to a son or daughter (both will shoot at least once when age appropriate ).

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    My Shurch, I told this to them a month ago, had service for me tonight so I wouldn't miss. Really! It made me feel humble and loved. They will still have the isial Sunday Services and studies but they held one for me so I wouldn't miss. It's a small church, maybe 30-35 regular people who come to both the services and studies like myself with maybe 100 or 110 people who come for the regular and only service at 10am. I am so overwhelmed by this I can't descrive how I feel right now...

Anyway, good to see so many who make time for Hod before fun. Wish I could have byt the service was too late. For anyone who gets offended by worship, I am also going to do a prayer for a safe and fun day before we get started in earnest.

Past events have shown the bulk of folks show up around 11-12 noon if that helps. open it up early at 10 because that's how Don has it all set up. I also do it to see if I have it all set up and ready. I am hoping to be there by 9am, that way I can get ready, Don usually helps plus folks like Dleak, and Mcgease this year,show up to help. Mostly we need to lay out the tarps. They make it much easier at the end for cleaning up...

SEE ALL OF YOU TOMORROW!

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Terrehautian, read through the thread and you will see that Exploding Targets are allowed this year within bertain rule which I will explain tomorrow if Don is still away. I am bringing a few pounds as I don't have much of the stuff so feel free to bring yours by all means. :)

your cans you plan should be fine and I hope you get the news you want, kids are a blessing...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I should be there between 9:30 and 10:00 to help with any setup "loose ends". I'll throw an extra tarp in the car too just in case. :) I'll probably only be able to stay until around 1 or 1:30. Our grandbaby is going back home this evening and then she's going to Mississippi with her other grandparents for a week and a half, so I want to be home before she leaves.

ddb40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Brazil
    Bring your steel targets and your tannerite. There will be some rules regarding the explosions. I have some plans for 2016 that I wish to discuss with you concerning two annual INGO events for next year.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I don't have steel targets. I am leaving now. Will ttalk when I get there. I have been telling them the explosions will be discussed prior to actually causing them o happen. :) It's a BEAUTIFUL day so come on out folks!

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Gad to leave early again, stupid back. :( Another very fine day of shooting. The renovations to the valley range are amazing. It was always a great place to shoot but now it's amazing! Also, I think Don would like to try TWO shoots next year, Spring and the usual Fall. More on that later but with the way things are shaping up at the range you all will love it. More on that after I rest the back a bit but for now.

​THANKS TO ALL WHO CAME OUT! WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR!

dleak

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    floyd county
    another GREAT event
    DON is an amazing & gracious host
    awesome renovations already complete with more to come in future
    potential additional spring date sounds spectacular
    BIG fun had by all who attended , if you couldnt ... you missed out
    put some pics up as soon as i figure out how ...............

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'll try and get video of the first tannerite explosion up tomorrow. I didn't get "the big one" though I don't think.

I liked Don's comment about the low explosion to gunfire ratio... :):

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I was going to say, I hope you are going to edit the hundreds of rounds we fired out of multiple rifles to finally set two of those things off. :): WE SUCK!! That was embarrassing to say the least. I will say the G3 took good care of that watermelon without any tannerite needed. :laugh:

I have a fair bit of the stuff left to mix up. I think this time we will make the target bigger and maybe get closer so we can make it go boom instead of making a pile of the stuff after breaking the plastic open in a way it doesn't explode. At the rate we are able to make it boom Don may let us do that again easy, if we have enough ammo. :ar15:

I am a bit better now that I have had a bit of time but I know I had a heck of a time today. The weather couldn't have been better if you could order it from the Lord on special occasions. Also, since the Covered Bridge traffic isn't for a while now, it was a lot easer to get in and out of the area. Many fine weapons were there, much shooting was done, many smiles were smiled and we had an all around good time.

As I said and Dleak also mentioned, Don wants us to do the twice next year, Don and I will get some dates and see how they work for folks. I will post in the Break Room when I have them for a quick check on folks then again when the May Date gets closer. Then we will go again in September as usual and see how things go there. The new set up is great and those of you who have been before and haven't seen it yet will be floored. We didn't take a lot of pix of vids this year so that's it for pix I think. I am going out there again soon so if I am luck I can find a camera and get some pix so all can see how nice the place is becoming. For instance, the pistol line is now fully covered and more so if there is a rain burst it can be waited out with ease there and we can keep shooting handguns while we wait!

Anyway more on that as we get some specifics worked out. I know we are going to try to get one Sat & one Sun, Spring & Fall to see if the day makes any difference on turn out. Also, it's a big area so I think Don will also open the place up to become a combo Open House and INGO shoot. Another reason for us to give two times next year a try...

Anyway, I had a great time and I wasn't as hurting much as last year but I still didn't make it the whole time... I will do my best to make it at least once through the end next year though. :ingo:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Im glad I drove out and shot today... I think next time I'll come more prepared with more guns and stay longer! I had a good time though, I am looking forward to the next!

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I will try to get my video up tomorrow of the flour bag explosion.
    I don't remember the flour exploding, I remember hitting the bag over and over but... so it was the jar in the bag that went off taking with it the pile of loose? Hmmm. Cool. Anyone video the watermelon? I thought that was cool too even if the tannerite didn't blow up. :)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't remember the flour exploding, I remember hitting the bag over and over but... so it was the jar in the bag that went off taking with it the pile of loose? Hmmm. Cool. Anyone video the watermelon? I thought that was cool too even if the tannerite didn't blow up. :)

Here is one of the watermelon (and my subsequent contribution to exploding one small jar of tannerite) - and yes we did SUCK! :):

[video=youtube;Gez0JNc6Fe8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gez0JNc6Fe8[/video]

And here is the "big" flour explosion (with the flour in a plastic bag).

[video=youtube;LS9Ao2-JkuA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS9Ao2-JkuA[/video]

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    IIRC, you needed to put new batteries in your camera becaue we took so long to make them explode. :laugh: I think we got more out of it because of suckiness. I know I wa able to laugh and laughter is good medicine...

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Don raised a good point regarding the, well, non-contact with the Tannerite: Most of your rifles would have been sighting in for 100 yards or more making them not sighted in for the range at which you were shooting.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

The factory bag of flour with tannerite stuffed in it, no. We just shot the jar out of the bag and made a mess. We took THAT jar and stuck it in a plastic grocery sack with loose flour to add a second target. Thats the one that we got to go off.

Top Bottom