3rd annual Open Shoot at ProTEG in Brazil, IN All Are Welcome (INGO folks)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Yes, it is that time of year again to announce the Sunday, September 13m 2015 starting at 10 AM until dark INGO VIDO/Clay and surrounds OPEN SHOOT for ALL Ingo folks that wish to come.

Their Website:
    ProTEQ Firearms Academy | Brazil, IN 47834

On the site you will be able to find out how to get there and the rules you will follow while you are there. ALL WEAPONS, including NFA, are allowed at ProTEQ 50BMG and smaller caliber. If you ave something bigger let me know and I will check and see if Don will allow it for the shoot as this is always a special event. We will be on the lower range, just us, all day. Don calls the area Lemon Valley.

There is a Rimfire only rage so bring them if you have ammo, I will have some extra 22 LR and 17HMR should you need some. I will let you shoot it til gone with no charge so bring them. Bring the famil and friends too. As of now Don has not told me if he wants a fee ($5 usually) but he has waived it so far for us there. I do know all nonmembers of the range will need to sign a waiver and those will be avaiable at the range.

Honestly, Don has been busy and a bit hard to get ith to talk lately but this week I will be out there to do some shooting so I should know after that so post questions you have here. We hae had a great time with this shoot for the past two years and I hope we have a big turnout again this year. Last year my back was out so I wasn't much fun and had to leave early nut hopefull that won't be the case this year.

So post up and tell me you are coming to give me an idea of turn out. Tell us what you will be bringing too! I will post what I am bringing in a bit and if you want me to bring something specific, tell me here too. No, not gonna list the whole collection but I know from last year some had hoped I wold bring my HK94 so I will for sure this year... probabl a G3 roo and some sort of hand gun.

Let's Make this one even better than the last one. So far this has been the way it has trended to. Light but extremely fun turnout first year...
    main.php

Bigger and just as fun last year....
    main.php

UZIButton was great and took a lot of videos and pictures. I don't have more than a cell phone now so bring cameras too.

RAIN OR SHINE. It rain a little on us last year and was a bit of a dreary day but we still had fun. It was also the weekend of the Covered Brige Festival, mistake. First time was a great day. So now this year is back to September with hopes of the same and perhaps a better day overall for next since Don is tired of folks who have in the past enjoyed a favored position to choose their days but not claiming them until after he has been bombarded by folks wanting September.

COME ONE COME ALL TO THE INGO OPEN SHOOT SEPT 13 @ ProTRQ in Brazil. You won't be sorry. I hope UZI Button makes it again this year, he is a great guy and I was happy to have met hm. Doesn't mean I was less happy to see anyone else so show up, hope Churchmouse can make this on too...

ddb40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Brazil
    Hello ALL. Sorry for my late reply to your INGO plans. The year has been very busy on the Range, in the office, and on the road. I have been gone several times.
    I don't often look at INGO and may not again before your shoot, but I will try. I trust Warthog to over see the INGO event and I know he has good plans.
    Please help him set up and clean up. Most of all BE SAFE and HAVE FUN. Here is some information for your outing.

1. There will be NO CHARGE for the day. Everyone (ProTEQ members & non-members) will sign a waiver upon arrival.
    2. The South Valley will be yours nearly all day. It's posted to the calendar 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
    3. A 40' by 45' by 11' high permanent roof has been built OVER the 10 lane pistol Range. It provides Shade and Rain cover from 3 yards back to 15 yards. PISTOL ONLY.
    4. A Shotgun / Rifle transition target array is just out side of this new structure. I'll also get a clay thrower in place for your Event.
    5. The Rifle Range Firing Line & Target Berm have been widened. I will have some tarp shade erected over the rifle benches. I have not yet lengthened the rifle range (it is still only 150 yards).
    6. I'll be working on the Rim Fire Range, but it WILL BE OPEN for your event.
    7. As ALWAYS the Cowboy Range METAL TARGETS are for LEAD ONLY Pistol Ammo.
    8. If you want food on site your welcome to grill, carrying in, share, cater, etc,... just clean up well.
    9. You re-loaders are welcome to your brass. if you don't reload I want it. Buckets are on site for collection.
    10. There are tarps available. Clean up is MUCH easier on the Rim fire, Cowboy, and Rifle Range by using them.
    11. A brass collector is available under the Big Roof and works well on the harden bare dirt.
    12. The Day Waiver and Sign In sheet will be under the Big Roof - Do those when you first arrive. Membership forms will also be available.
    12. Two Port-a-Pots are on site and just serviced.

If you are interested in joining ProTEQ and shooting here often then go study my website (proteq.us).
    The membership paperwork is ALWAYS in a BLUE BARREL at my Basement Office Door. During your INGO Event I'll have membership forms available near the Waiver and Sign IN sheets.

ProTEQ Patron Membership is always Calendar Year meaning membership ENDS on Dec 31st of each year (no matter when you sign up). Here is Special Deal for you just on INGO Day...

If you want to join on INGO DAY while in the SOUTH VALLEY, I'll waive the Silver Fee, and allow you access to the South Valley for the remainder of 2015.
    In simple terms... INGO Adult - $20 or INGO Family - $30... gets you access to both valleys (West & South) until 12/31/15. That's a $20 savings to get access to ProTEQ's best facility.

If you are already a member when you arrive on INGO DAY talk to me and we'll work out some type of deal for you.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Got this in an email this morning so I won't repeat things. The above covers some of the things I was unsure of and I have known how busy he is so...

In any case he will be there as will I if you have any further questions or idea, post them up as we are really close now. :runaway:

I had my car wrecked on Monday so I am dealing with the insurance and looking for something else to drive around. I know this year both myself and Don haven't been around a lot and it seems this is to continue. Many things have come up this year and demanded my attention as has it been with Don. I am really looking forward to this one as I haven't had many opportunities to shoot this year either. :(

Hope everyone else has had a better year than I have. I will see you all there, those of you ho are able to come. Everyon else, I supppose there is always next year? Also I know we are spread all over the wonderful state of ours so it isn't always something people can do, its on a Sunday and the day afyer Labor Day weekend so many will be traveled out and have spent much of their "fun" money. So I will keep on doing these and am always glad to meet who I meet. Rock on INGO! :ingo:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Me again, just letting you all know, I was in an accident (not my fault) on this past Monday that totaled my car. I am fine, all the othes are fine, only my car wasn't able to dive away on its own power. :( Now I wait for insurace to pay me so I can pay the dealer. This is the slowedt I have had an insurance company be and I have had a motoryle stolen, had the replacement in a week, another car that something similar happen (back when I was twenty something) and that was handled in a week too. Same company and this one worth thousands of dollar less than this one has taken until now and isn't done yet. Plus on Monday nothing moves as not a business fay I still wish all of you a Happy Labor Day!

Here is my problem, can anyone give me a ride to this if I don't have a way to get there myself? Let me know. I will rent a car if not but I am sorta hoping I don't since money with thngs as they are money-wise. :spend:LMK so I can plan. Thanks INGO! :ingo: FYI, I am near corner of Sprinhill & 7th in Terre Haute.
    ONE MORE WEEK! (7 days)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Did somebody say they were bringing a clay thrower? Considering bringing a box of pigeons and some shells if so...

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    WOO HOO! Now someone bring a portable Skeet set up and I will be sooooo happy. :):

Anyway, I am pretty excited. Not long now and we'll be shooting! :ar15:

Hope to see whomever shows up. Meaning I will be happy period though it would be nice if as least one other person made it. :laugh::ingo:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    add some exploding targets too. For the first and likely the last /only time ever Don will allow us to shoot exploding targets.

I have the instructions as to how we are to shoot them and where we can place them so as not to destroy the berm or anything else, of course we will have to pick up all the plastic or whatever debris from the container the stuff will be in too. I have a few but not many and will not be buying more of them as I am flat broke from past unplanned on events. So if you want to have these, bring them. We won't be lowing stuff up like your old car or computer etc, just shooting the targets and exploding them.

See you in a few days! :ingo:

Last edited:

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Well, I have pistol and carbine classes this weekend so I can't make it this year. Last year was great fun and I'd drive up again if I hadn't already paid for Sheriff of Baghdad classes.

Top Bottom