• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mwiseman6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    I love Bersa's!!! They are actually the police carry guns in Argentina. I have a Thunder 9 UC in my truck and I have carried a 380cc. My latest purchase/carry is the newer BP9cc. I really like it. The BP9cc is pretty much the same size as the 380cc. I would recommend the BP9 for carry. The recoil is soft and it is very accurate. The trigger is considered double action but it is very light with a sort reset. For the money you cannot beat the quality of a Bersa.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I don't know a single person in this thread, in real life, do you? So why would you take their advice on a handgun purchase? I mean, with .380 we are talking life and death right?

I am just thinking back over my 30 years of handgun ownership, and FYI handguns existed before the Net, I did then and still do draw my opinions from people close to me. We should ban all opinions from the internet.

No knock on any posters in this thread, but think about it, how did you make your educated choices? One guy will say, I ran 50-300 rounds no problem. He may even leave that detail out. I am more the 1000-2000 rounds before I can say no problems but I won't post that fact.

For this reason alone, I am not even going to offer my opinions. Find one to shoot.
    I guess that is my opinion?

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I don't know a single person in this thread, in real life, do you? So why would you take their advice on a handgun purchase? I mean, with .380 we are talking life and death right?

I am just thinking back over my 30 years of handgun ownership, and FYI handguns existed before the Net, I did then and still do draw my opinions from people close to me. We should ban all opinions from the internet.

No knock on any posters in this thread, but think about it, how did you make your educated choices? One guy will say, I ran 50-300 rounds no problem. He may even leave that detail out. I am more the 1000-2000 rounds before I can say no problems but I won't post that fact.

For this reason alone, I am not even going to offer my opinions. Find one to shoot.

Your decision to not leave an opinion...is guess what? Still your opinion. Should we ban yours as well?

To the OP: the rest of us trust that you're an adult and can research multiple sources of information to make a well informed decision.

saberstar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Bloomington, IN
    Some of us, such as myself, ask opinions in the hopes that we will recieve a different perspective on things rather then what we envisioned. At least that is why I ask the qestions I ask refering to particular makes and models.:yesway:

usafmora

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    North Vernon
    I shoot a Ruger 380 and really like it, by buddy went to the range with me once and brought his Bersa thunder. I shot mine then and his and I tell you his was a great shooting gun. If I ever need another 380 it will be a Bersa!

fast eddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    camby
    i do thank you all for your opinions and advce. it never hurts to ask qestions. to help make a choice. i do like to ask qestions. thanks
    ed.

Buzzard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Here's my 2 cents....I have had my Bersa thunder 380 for a little over a year and am very pleased with it. I have not had problems with mine and I have shot it a lot. I have read on the Bersa Chat forum about some that have had issues, but had no trouble getting quick repairs done and at no cost due to warranty. Note though that most of the problem ones seem to be the CC model and a certain range of serial numbers. There are authorized service centers in the US and as someone else said already I think there is one in Indiana too. Bottom line, in my opinion, I think you will be happy with one. :twocents:

Lonestar6

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012

I am missing the sarcasm in the purple section...

Nimrodknaack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Really?

Originally Posted by Zoub

For this reason alone, I am not even going to offer my opinions. Find one to shoot. I guess that is my opinion?...
    So.....You dont think advice given on this forum is worth anything?? Why are you part of it? :twocents:

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least. Lord Chesterfield

mwaym

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2012
    I have a Bersa Thunder 380 and love it..... shoots good, no hiccups.... great gun
    Zoub has 3600 posts on this site.... I reckon he prolly has had an opinion or 2... lol

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I dont own one, but a friend of mine does, and I have shot it quite a bit. Her pistol has been flawless since day one. It is fairly accurate, and not uncomfortable for her to carry. For me, and a .380 pistol, it is just a little big. If I am going to carry something that big, I will step up to a 9mm, of just carry my officer sized 1911. For the money though, and considering .380 has been a litte easier to come across lately, the Bersa isnt a bad choice for a carry gun.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    To the OP: If you're wanting to use the Bersa Thunder 380 as a carry firearm, I'd suggest that you look at something else. The safety isn't easy to disengage when you draw, because it's so high on the slide. There are several other firearms that are less expensive that are better for EDC (Every Day Carry)... but, if you want it as a "plinker" I'd give it a Green Light!

To Lonestar6 & Nimrodknaack: Purple is the sign used that the poster is being sarcastic. It isn't often discussed, so it's easily missed by those who don't have much time surfing the forums.

Hoosierhunter97

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    As far as 380 pistols go, I have had great experience with my two. The Ruger LCP, is just the perfect conceal/carry pistol IMO since you can literally take it anywhere and place it in the pocket of everything from a pair of shorts all the way up to a suit inside pocket or coat etc.
    My second 380 is a Canik 55 and I have to tell you, for all the arguements about why have a 380 when the 9mm is a far better bullet etc.... I would take this pistol up against ANY other handgun for consistent accuracy minus noticeable recoil. It is also a compact allowing you to carry it holstered without much ado.

Top Bottom