• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    spent some time yesterday at the range with the LCP that I just got.
    that was one of the most uncomfortable guns I've ever shot :):
    the bottom side of my trigger finger was getting slammed by the trigger guard.
    the rest of the day it felt like I'd popped a blood vessel in my finger. (insert waaambulance here).
    It's such a small gun in my hands that I adjusted my grip a few times to no avail.
    there was not a single FTF or FTE but it was just so uncomfortable and inaccurate.
    I took a couple more guns to do some comparison and it was way off compared
    to my Glock 27 and Baby Eagle II. I even moved the target to within 5-7 yards
    and I still barely kept it within the middle of the target.
    I'm thinking if I decide to keep the LCP then I'll want a hogue grip
    and some sort of recoil absorption around the barrel and springs...
    :dunno: we'll see...
    I've been trying to contemplate when i'll really even want to carry it anyway...

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I have not tried this with mine, but I have heard that some have had good luck with putting in a heavier recoil spring. The hybrid grip will help quite a bit too, but those tiny guns can be a little bit of a handful even then.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I bought a hogue grip to try on my Glock 27 and I tore that p.o.s. trying to get it on the grip lol.
    I didn't really even need it but I wanted to try one out just to see what it felt like on the Glock.
    I said I'd never in a million years buy another hogue grip.
    I may eat those words and give em one more chance...

stack23

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    NWI
    I bought a hogue grip to try on my Glock 27 and I tore that p.o.s. trying to get it on the grip lol.
    I didn't really even need it but I wanted to try one out just to see what it felt like on the Glock.
    I said I'd never in a million years buy another hogue grip.
    I may eat those words and give em one more chance...

The grip actually attaches to the frame with a pin, really easy to install. I put the hogue grip along with the wolff 13# recoil spring on my lcp and it made a huge difference for me.

phisch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2014
    West Lafayette
    I picked up a TCP with the CrimsonTrace laser at Gander off 86th when they had their February sale. I, too, noticed the "finger against the trigger guard" that Tyler-The-Piker experienced with his LCP. Really only bothered me on the first few shots. Got the laser dialed in and was hitting 3" groupings at 7yards without trying. The laser helps on this little guys. On the other hand, my Sig P230 is silky smooth compared to the TCP. And it has functional sights!

phisch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2014
    West Lafayette
    The P230 was a Christmas gift from my wife. It was a former BuG of an officer colleague of my brother-in-law and wife got a killer deal on it. I added the Hogue grips and it allows me to hold the P230 tight and really reduced the possibility of slide bite. It's a pretty cool "vintage" piece!
    Here's my .380 collection:

5C66C8D8-BDEB-4DF0-AD93-9C60D0A0ACC8_zpsaaylyfw2.jpg

bba2bc9b-2621-4d1b-87d9-429659e2d3b0_zpsfdb363c5.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I find my Sig P238 to be a fairly soft shooter. It may be the locked breech design or some other geometry, but I can shoot that gun all day without any issues. My Bersa and PPK are a bit snappier but have enough weight to still make them easy to shoot for a day.

45 x 11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2014
    Southwest IN
    I like shooting my P238 as well. I have also had good luck shooting a Bersa. But back to the Sig a moment, there is a really good video showing a guy shooting a P938 and then a P238. The difference in observed recoil is pretty striking...

[video=youtube;-CqED2vKedI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&amp;persist_app=1&amp;v=-CqED2vKedI[/video]

alhambra lion

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    It always astonishes me how popular the LCP is. It is one of the worst guns to shoot. I know the little mouse guns are a trade off but that thing is just ridiculous. I know they are a little salty for some but the P238 by Sig or the P380 by Kahr are the best .380's you can buy IMHO. I have both and carry the P380 daily. These mouse guns can be either fun to practice with or the type of gun you run the minimum amount of rounds through to remain proficient with. If you are going to carry it you need to be able to practice with it. Now that Kahr has the CW380 on the market I would look at that gun before I went to a Ruger if I wasn't able to fork over the mulla for those higher price point P238 or P380 models.

alhambra lion

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    People like the real little .380's, but after they shoot them, they don't care for them.

Eh that is the opposite of what I was trying to convey. I think people don't enjoy pistols that are a pain the a$$ to shoot. Whether they are small or big is beside the point. I love my P238 and P380. They are very enjoyable to practice with and I can put 100s of rounds through them at a time with no issue. I was just saying that people buying the LCP need to take a more thorough look at the market, especially the lower price point CW380. They will have a much better experience with the firearm, practice more, and hopefully be more ready and able to use it should (God forbid) they have to. That being the main motivator for me suggesting more pleasant to shoot mouse guns.

JeffreyJames

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I have the Ruger LCP. Carry it in a pocket holster when it's inconvenient to carry iwb. It's been very reliable and feeds anything I've put through it. For $300 it's great but if you are willing to shell out the cash you get much better sights and trigger on the Kahr or Sig.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    ive got a berretta in a .380. very nice but bigger than alot of other .380's out there.
    as far as the stopping power. i feel that shot placement is more important than caliber, but thats just my 2 cents

good luck

jake

Second that! Have a Beretta 84 and love it. But I must admit I'm thinking about jeeping on the caliber. Have started thinking about Beretta compact 9mm (92sb or custom carry II) maybe single stack ($$$$ unfortunately)

ghstrdr110

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2014
    Danville
    I bought my wife a Walther PK380. Slightly smaller than my Glock 23 recoils a lot less. Loaded it up with the best hollow points I could find. I told her, ' your bullets are have the size of mine so if you have to shoot Until yhe slide locks back'I feel she's safe against most threats. On occasion, i've even carried it when its more practical (Although it is pink but hey its concealed and I don't think a tango will care)

stack23

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    NWI
    It always astonishes me how popular the LCP is. It is one of the worst guns to shoot. I know the little mouse guns are a trade off but that thing is just ridiculous. I know they are a little salty for some but the P238 by Sig or the P380 by Kahr are the best .380's you can buy IMHO. I have both and carry the P380 daily. These mouse guns can be either fun to practice with or the type of gun you run the minimum amount of rounds through to remain proficient with. If you are going to carry it you need to be able to practice with it. Now that Kahr has the CW380 on the market I would look at that gun before I went to a Ruger if I wasn't able to fork over the mulla for those higher price point P238 or P380 models.

I think people totally misunderstand what the LCP's purpose is, it's not a range gun it's a point and shoot pocket gun, and for that it works great imo. And after a few cheap modifications to help with recoil it can actually be pretty easy and fun to shoot.:twocents:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom