• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Stopped by the Keystone Walmart tonight to see what was in stock. The gentleman running the counter asked if I was looking in particular and i threw out "Some .380 would be good, if you have any". The response was stunningly ignorant.

"They don't make it anymore".

I was so blown away by the response, the only thing I could muster was "Who is they?"

"All of the ammunition companies. Only the military can get it. Hope you didn't get a good deal on a .380 because it's junk now". Before I could get in another word, he walked away. As did I.

I've had several decent dealings with this guy before and never had any inclination that we'd have a conversation like this.

Just another reason to support your LGS as much as possible. :ingo:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Wow. That really is out of left field. :scratch: Guess no one told the manufacturers. I split a case of .380s with another INGO member from Precision Cartridge less than a month ago.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I'm offering $5 each for some of those ammoless, "junk" LCPs out there. For [strike]my pocket[/strike] a museum display.:D I know they're not doing you any good and maybe this'll help you recoup some of your losses.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Just when you think you heard everything that a sales person can say to make them look truly stupid, you hear one more.

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    He probably has a .380 himself, and is keeping all of the ammo that comes in back behind the counter for him to buy when he's off the clock. ;)

Seriously though, that's strange but not that surprising. Wal-Mart is pretty good on prices, but pretty poor on knowledge. Meijer is the same way. I saw some 9mm Winchester 100 count white box for $19.95 the other day. After spending five minutes tracking down someone who works there they had to get a manager, who had to walk to the front of the store and retrieve the one key they have for the case that just has to be kept in the front office. It's a good thing that I was persistent, because it would have been really easy for me to say "Forget it" and walk away. I probably spent a total of 20 minutes trying to buy one box of ammo. If they are going to make it that much of a trouble, why even carry it?

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    I had an interesting conversation with a WalMartian female clerk just the other day in Seymour.

She told me, "When you buy a gun at WalMart it gets registered", so I ask, "Oh really who does it get registered with", and she replied, "We are required by law to register all gun sales with the ATF"!

Without going through all the boring details which we all know, I s-l-o w-l-y explained the law to her, including the fact that there is no registration of any kind in Indiana, the serial number is only recorded at the time of sale for their records only. To which she replied, "I knew that"!

I gave my forehead a nice big open hand slap, looked straight into her lazy wondering eye :n00b:, and walked away. Went down the road to Acme's and found some intelligent life, purchased some ammo, and felt much better.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I'm offering $5 each for some of those ammoless, "junk" LCPs out there. For [strike]my pocket[/strike] a museum display.:D I know they're not doing you any good and maybe this'll help you recoup some of your losses.

I'll give $10 and I'll even accept Bersas and KelTecs!

Hell I'll take a HiPoint .380 for $8.75!

Top Bottom