• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    When it rains it pours, Big Brown delievered another SCW rifle to the house today, this one a 1937 Izhevsk that is still covered in the cosmoline it was in when it arrived here in the late 50's. Its a typical Spanish mix master with wire sling hangers, a spanish replacement cleaning rod, and an unmolested ( read not sanded) stock. Normally I would clean the cosmoline off a new rifle but this one is different since its dried and adds a little bit extra since its presence assures me that this rifle hasn't sent a round down range since it left the shores of the Iberian Peninusla.

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    Very interesting! Looks to be in much nicer condition than most SCW rifles.I know its birch but the stock almost looks like walnut on the right side.

I think the cosmoline that was on the stock penetrated the schellac and stained it. The add for the rifle mentioned it was found in an attic during the settleing of an estate, and from the loks of it I believe it was put there right after it was imported in the late 50's.

Atlas

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    yeah, you have a problem there. That's a very dangerous and defective rifle. The Spaniards used to sabotage them before exporting them, in order to hurt ynaks. I will gladly stop by and pick it up from you, for proper disposal. And you don't even have to pay me a disposal fee!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom