• Total voters

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    Fantastic round.

Its incredibly accurate even in the G33, and for the record, its always fun to have people at a range call you a douchebag for shooting a compensated 357 mag, then throw a sigh of relief when they see a small glock, only to have the same sound...lol

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    First and foremost I would like to protest the poll, due to the fact that I am a fan of the round and also a fan of pie. In fact I have even written essays on pie, perhaps I should write about .357 sig.

So far I have only punched paper with .357 sig, for that purpose it is a real treat. I run it in a 226 and that combo is more accurate than I am. It is loud, but it isn't overly snappy. I am planning on picking up a barrel for my 239. I have yet to shoot a person with it yet, so I can't really testify if it is a magic bullet. As yet I cannot find any volunteers for this task, but when I do I expect to find that people and their heads just fall off when the round hits. The data available so far says that it will work, but so will a rock if you throw it hard enough.

One of my major thoughts behind packing it is penetration through heavy clothing specifically in the winter. It also has proven itself to be quite effective through car doors and windows, so it makes a good truck gun round.

In my rigorous testing thus far I have found several reasons as to why I like it. It looks cool to shoot at dusk, the crack makes me smile, new guys think it is cool, and it is giving me an excuse to start reloading.

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Law enforcement has embraced it enthusiastically

The ballistics are good and the street results have been outstanding. Using good ammunition with this round makes it hard to beat against goblins and their hellhounds.

Vanguard.45

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    new jersey staties carry the g31 as well, for the fact it will penetrate car doors, windows, and windshields while retaining knock down power. I'd recommend always using speer gold dots as carry ammo since they're bonded.

On a side note, its always fun to have friends who shoot 40's to take a few shots with the 357, they generally are scared.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    I have the same complaints about .357 SIG as I do about other intermediate handgun calibers. You are either going to sacrifice power compared to .45 or sacrifice capacity compared to 9mm. Why? Because it is new and it will make you cool.:cool: Until the next new fad hits.

However, the exception would be for the sake of a drop in barrel for those that are already a fans of .40S&W.

ONTARGET

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    I have the same complaints about .357 SIG as I do about other intermediate handgun calibers. You are either going to sacrifice power compared to .45 or sacrifice capacity compared to 9mm. Why? Because it is new and it will make you cool.:cool: Until the next new fad hits.

However, the exception would be for the sake of a drop in barrel for those that are already a fans of .40S&W.
    Sacrifice power compared to the .45 ACP? COR-BON 125GR JHP 1425 FPS @564 FTLBS! Very fast, accurate and hard hitting round. .45 ACP is still a very good round but is very different from this. "Move over Rover" My SIG P-229R 357 SIG (26 ROUNDS AT 15 YARDS) All of my Glocks and Sigs perform very well in this caliber! Yahtzee:laugh:
    29wric1.jpg

ONTARGET

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    This isn't my best work. These were the first two magazines 2 @12 +1+1 I fired out of my new SIG P-229R 357 Sig. Note: rapid fire less prescription glasses. I could have used my P-226 which is more accurate due to the longer barrel. My apologies to the op. I could due much better! I'll work on it! :patriot: .357 SIG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    new jersey staties carry the g31 as well, for the fact it will penetrate car doors, windows, and windshields while retaining knock down power. I'd recommend always using speer gold dots as carry ammo since they're bonded.

On a side note, its always fun to have friends who shoot 40's to take a few shots with the 357, they generally are scared.

The .357 sig scares me :):

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom