• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • caneman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Lagrange County
    My intent (if I can accomplish it) is a 105Gr. cast bullet load in the neighborhood of 750 - 1000 fps for small game. That gives me a fairly wide spread to find an accurate load. Don't know how it will work out but if I can do it I'll have a back yard cat rifle too. Shouldn't disturb the neighbors too much.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Save the songbirds!

My intent (if I can accomplish it) is a 105Gr. cast bullet load in the neighborhood of 750 - 1000 fps for small game. That gives me a fairly wide spread to find an accurate load. Don't know how it will work out but if I can do it I'll have a back yard cat rifle too. Shouldn't disturb the neighbors too much.
    :rockwoot::ar15:

Good rifle to obtain. I hate to see the feral cats and unrestrained pet cats slaughter the songbirds crossing property lines as though, because they are cats, they are above all laws.

Best regards,

Terry

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Caneman:
    I just sold my Ruger 357 Maxi BUT I have some of my handloads and brass left over.
    My main load was 20gr. IMR4227 over a CCI mag pistol primer and a Hornaday 180 gr. XTP. I have crono tape at home but I know it was slightly over 1600 FPS out of the 7 1/2" barrel Ruger. As Disposable Heart said, I did load some 110 gr. Remington SJHP over IMR 4227. these gave about 2000 FPS from the same gun.
    I used 38/357 Lee dies with no problem in my single stage press.
    I have 50 of the 180 gr. loads left and about 10 of the 110 grain. Also have a few loose brass. The 180's are loaded in new Remington brass, the 110's are in onece fired Rem. brass. Are you interested? PM me. I was going to pull the bullets for use in my 357 mag but I will wait if you have interest.

Top Bottom