• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    According to that link, you have AT&T Privacy Manager Service. If someone tries calling your house without the ability or permission for AT&T to see their true Caller ID, they get routed to an AT&T phone server where they are instructed to record their name. Then, the PMS calls you (hence the number is so widely known) and is supposed to play you their name and ask you to accept or reject the call. If that last bit is not happening, then I don't know what's happening.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I would so be calling the police saying you feel your life is in danger over this. That link red tbird posted is crazy, I'd be so pissed!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If I read this right, the number you posted is the number that the AT&T privacy manager service transmits to you. It is NOT the number of the actual caller. Its a red herring.

Case in point, have a friend call you at home using *67 (or whatever blocks caller ID, I forget) I'd be willing to bet your buddy's call will also come through with that same phone number.

I'd be calling ATT to file a complaint. Their switching equipment should be able to tell who is calling even with caller ID blocked. While the caller ID is blocked TO YOU, they should still be able to trace back where the actual calls originate. They may not be able to tell you who it is due to legal reasons, but they should be able to stop it.

Top Bottom