• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whoknows

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Warsaw
    I have a question about the price on these guns. There is a guy local that is selling one with a Hawke 4-16x50ir for $750. Is that a good price? I haven't seen the gun in person, but it looks good in pictures. Thanks

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I don't know what the Hawke scope is but I suspect its something suitable for throwing at a cat, Gun prices being what they are, 750 for a gun with a junk scope is on the top end of what I would LIKE to pay, It isn't out of the ballpark for the VTR and you might ask if it's included on the trigger recall and if it is try to get a little taken off for the trouble of sending a new toy back to the factory for changing the trigger. See if he'll keep the scope and go 650 or something like that. Even if you give the full 750 it's not out of line

Jerry45Acp

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    in the country
    I have a VTR (in 223) with a 4X12 Leupold VX2. Love the gun, well worth every penny I spent on it.
    Bought it new about 2 years ago for $799- without scope.

whoknows

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Warsaw
    Thanks for all the responses, but I passed on the gun. Instead I bought a remington 700 sps tactical chambered in .308. Im hoping tomorrow I'll be able to see how well it shoots.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Thanks for all the responses, but I passed on the gun. Instead I bought a remington 700 sps tactical chambered in .308. Im hoping tomorrow I'll be able to see how well it shoots.

Great choice. Great platform to start with. The SPS provides a lot more opportunity for accurizing to a sub-moa shooter.

whoknows

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Warsaw
    No, the twist rate is 1:12. I was looking for the sps aac-sd model which has the 1:10 16.5 in threaded barrel, but I couldn't find one anywhere most likely because of the trigger recall. I bought the gun from Gander Mountain in Fort Wayne and I probably overpaid, but it was a little over $700 plus tax. I was going back and forth between the Remington and a Savage hog hunter, but the stock on the Savage felt horrible. I'm really happy with the gun though. I've been able to shoot it the last couple days to get used to it and I'm really liking the way it shoots.

JonProphet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I could be wrong but Hillside has one but I'm not positive the twist was 1:10. Price you paid is pretty good. The 1:12 will shoot well with 175gr SMK's and shoot really good with 168's.

whoknows

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Warsaw
    I don't know of many gun shops in Fort Wayne, I guess if I would have looked a little harder I might of found one. I'm happy with the one I bought though. I bought some 168gr federal premium gold medal ammo and I'm anxious to try that ammo out. I've only been shooting some cheap fmj ammo just to get a feel for the gun so I'm curious how well that ammo will shoot.

Top Bottom