• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    You hand lube 100 or more cases Ben? I do Imperial, when I'm forming cases but not when I'm using a case feeder.
    When forming .300 Blackout, I hand lubricate each case with the green forming/sizing wax. I even use the regular Imperial Sizing Wax by hand whenever I’m resizing my center fire rifle cartridges that I reload on my Reading Big Boss II single stage press. My case feeder on the Dillon 500 is reserved for all my handgun ammo and .223/5.56 on which I use a light coating of spray lube.
    It’s all part of my “therapy.” :wavey:

nucular

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Have you tried a little hawk tuah?

When I do 300s, i wear a plastic glove and put about 5 or 6 shells in the palm of my hand at a time. I give it a shot or two of lanolin spray, roll them back and forth, let them dry (blow on them) and then I'm good to go. It's not very efficient but I haven't had a stuck shell since I started doing it this way.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I would do a run that you just dry tumble and eliminate a known problem with wet tumbling. Run 50 cases that were just dry tumbled, shake and lube with spray lube making sure some lube gets inside of the necks and let dry for AWHILE...
    VERY important to let them dry.
    Size those 50 and see what happens.
    I don't wash mine until they've been sized and trimmed. Applying wax with fingers helps me find grit and splits.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I don't wash mine until they've been sized and trimmed. Applying wax with fingers helps me find grit and splits.
    I'm not super anal with checking brass before I load it. I run every round through a gauge when it's all loaded and final polished. I can feel a split neck usually when sizing or seating a bullet, and I will cull it out then.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    When forming .300 Blackout, I hand lubricate each case with the green forming/sizing wax. I even use the regular Imperial Sizing Wax by hand whenever I’m resizing my center fire rifle cartridges that I reload on my Reading Big Boss II single stage press. My case feeder on the Dillon 500 is reserved for all my handgun ammo and .223/5.56 on which I use a light coating of spray lube.
    It’s all part of my “therapy.” :wavey:
    I would have thought "therapy" would be burning off the tread on those rear Pirelli P7's.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I'm not super anal with checking brass before I load it. I run every round through a gauge when it's all loaded and final polished. I can feel a split neck usually when sizing or seating a bullet, and I will cull it out then.
    Best luck finding splits for me has been chamfering. Almost always has a catch to it.

Saves me breaking down loaded ammo, which I hate.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I clean mine before resizing just to keep my dies cleaner.
    I believe the only dies I have ever cleaned are seater dies when seating cast or sweged lead bullets. To clean out lube and shavings of lead.
    And with using Dillon pistol dies you just pop a clip out and the insides fall in you hand.
    Wipe it off and slide in back in and pop the clip back in.
    No readjusting needed.
    1000001493.jpg

Top Bottom