• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Police say all of the weapons seized at the home were legally registered to Joseph Kelly, a 78-year-old retired Philadelphia Police Officer and Korean War veteran, who recently passed away.

* emphasis added

From the information provided in the story, I'm guessing that his home was sitting vacant after his recent passing, and the local wrongdoers happened upon his lifelong collection.

Good find on the story!

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    SOOOooooo

when is the Philthedelphia police auction gonna take place?:D Looks like the old fella had some good ones. Shame he didn't have kin close enough to take care of his things when he passed.:rolleyes:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Some of the comments posted at the bottom of the report are interesting. It's a shame that they were just throwing his collection in the back of the truck like cord wood! Hopefully this won't happen to any of us. :rolleyes:

Stnmikita

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Travesty

It's nice how everyone seems to be so freaked out and the entire spin of the report is what evil and harm likely came from or might have come from this collection. Not one single comment of the treasure trove of collectibles or valuable items that it may have been.

Here was my reaction upon seeing them dumping rifle after rifle into that truck bed like bags of tube sand:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPxnQv4RH5s[/ame]

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Arsenal? I thought that was a word reserved for the weapons cashe of a criminal :n00b:

The news and the people they interviewed are kind of making it sound like a bad think he had firearms.

I'm impressed with this man. And I can't beleive his collection is being thrown around like that, at least put a blanket on top to provide a little protection.

:ar15::patriot:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Considering that the man was a retired LEO I can't see philly politicos making much out of this. The guns will probably quietly disappear.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Was that an MG-42 being tossed in the back of that truck?

Certainly looked like one but the picture is a little fuzzy. A 42 should have light brown micarta grips and a wood stock. I think somebody repops them in semi auto or did.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    They need to see if he has any family. If yes, contact them about this. Possibly hold an auction for their benifit. If no real family or will, I see no issue with the department sponsoring an auction and donating proceeds to charity....

Top Bottom