• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BrandonHtwo0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    Portage, IN
    EDIT: Just picked up the barrel from Matt of Front Towards Enemy Firearms. Excellent guy and a great sale. I'll be buying a supressor from him in the future for sure...he's got me curious... Also - Pics! :) Enjoy!

Just got the tax stamp in the mail this morning. I'm picking up the barrel this weekend and will have the remaining peices I need this week to finish the build. Will post pics this week once peiced together, but so excited I couldn't help but share the news :)

Will be bringing this to the next INGO NWI Meet-and-Shoot :)

Build is:
    • YHM Upper Reciever
    • YHM Diamond Free-float 7'' Handguard
    • Noveske 300 Blackout 8.2'' 1:7 Twist
    • VLTOR Mod3 Charging Handle (Large Latch)
    • Spikes Tactical Nickel Boron BCG
    • Spikes Tactical Lower Receiver (Zombie)
    • Spikes H2 Buffer
    • JP Enterprises Recoil Spring (Carbine)
    • Magpul ACS stock
    • Magpul MIAD Grip, large setup
    • Magpul AFG
    • Magpul ASAP
    • Magpul BAD Lever
    • Magpul Front and Rear Flip Sights (Optics on order)
    • Standard GI trigger w/ trigger work (3.5lb, clean break)
    • A2 Flash Hider (Temporary, AAC hider on backorder)
    Time to start the paperwork on a supressor... :)

For those interested, paperwork took about 7 months.

hJbhx.jpg

fhsKX.jpg

Mk8qg.jpg

hf8yl.jpg

Y2Fu8.jpg

3olpB.jpg

Hopefully we've got some Metal Gear Solid fans here that recognize the engraving :)

Last edited:

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    Just got the tax stamp in the mail this morning. I'm picking up the barrel this weekend and will have the remaining peices I need this week to finish the build. Will post pics this week once peiced together, but so excited I couldn't help but share the news :)

Build is:
    • YHM Upper Reciever
    • Spikes H2 Buffer
    • Magpul ACS stock
    • Magpul AFG
    • Magpul ASAP
    • Magpul BAD Lever

I have the same barrel, can you post a picture of it so I can see it with the YHM hand guard please?

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009

Build is:
    • YHM Upper Reciever
    • Spikes H2 Buffer
    • Magpul ACS stock
    • Magpul AFG
    • Magpul ASAP
    • Magpul BAD Lever

Silencershop has the 5/8-24 51t flash hider in stock if you're looking for that.

BrandonHtwo0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    Portage, IN
    Thanks - I'll take a look at Silencershop. I'm also waiting to get confirmation from AAC on if the new 90T flash hiders reflex over the barrel at all - last I heard is that the new ones reflex by .2 inches and is one of the reasons behind Noveske going from an 8.0'' to a 8.2'' barrel. I dont think .2'' is going to be a big deal, I just kinda like the flush look if possible.

Pics soon :)

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    Thanks - I'll take a look at Silencershop. I'm also waiting to get confirmation from AAC on if the new 90T flash hiders reflex over the barrel at all - last I heard is that the new ones reflex by .2 inches and is one of the reasons behind Noveske going from an 8.0'' to a 8.2'' barrel. I dont think .2'' is going to be a big deal, I just kinda like the flush look if possible.

I heard the same thing, that's why Veske's are 8.2" now as to 8"

BrandonHtwo0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    Portage, IN

Yeah, I'm just trying to confirm. If it doesnt reflex by .2 inches, I think I'm just going to pick up a YHM Phantom QD flash hider to prepare for getting a YHM Phantom supressor. I know i'll supress this rifle, just unsure of which route I want to go.

YHM supressors being almost 1/2 the cost of a AAC makes me think I should just go the YHM route...

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Yeah, I'm just trying to confirm. If it doesnt reflex by .2 inches, I think I'm just going to pick up a YHM Phantom QD flash hider to prepare for getting a YHM Phantom supressor. I know i'll supress this rifle, just unsure of which route I want to go.

YHM supressors being almost 1/2 the cost of a AAC makes me think I should just go the YHM route...

That sold me on the YHM. It is a little larger and heavier than the AAC, but not by much. It also seems to put the end of the can more or less flush with the end of the barrel, so there isn't much set-back to interfere with handguards, etc.

Oppugnall

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Greenwood, IN
    Tried to post my specs other night, and timed out so said screw it. Here is brief synopsis.

Seekins lower, upper, and BAR rail.
    Spikes nib lpk
    Spikes stock kit
    Magpul CTR stock
    Noveske 8.2" barrel
    Ergo grip
    Stream light TLR2

Yhm QD flash hider
    Yhm 308 Ti can

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Tried to post my specs other night, and timed out so said screw it. Here is brief synopsis.

Spikes nib lpk
    Spikes stock kit
    Magpul CTR stock
    Noveske 8.2" barrel
    Ergo grip
    Stream light TLR2

Yhm QD flash hider
    Yhm 308 Ti can

Would love to see a pic, there is something about those Seekins lowers I'm in love with. If I build another ill use a Seekins.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009

Read several posts on SilencerTalk that AAC has pulled back on the SR5/7 cans because they were announced before they were ready for prime time. Don't expect to see them ANY time soon. Because the cans aren't going to be available, you won't see the mounts for a long time either. I would go with your plan B.

BrandonHtwo0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    Portage, IN

Spikes nib lpk
    Spikes stock kit
    Magpul CTR stock
    Noveske 8.2" barrel
    Ergo grip
    Stream light TLR2

Yhm QD flash hider
    Yhm 308 Ti can

Would love to see pics - curious to see how much clearance is left between the rail and the can. Is that a 7.0 inch rail?

BrandonHtwo0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    Portage, IN
    Read several posts on SilencerTalk that AAC has pulled back on the SR5/7 cans because they were announced before they were ready for prime time. Don't expect to see them ANY time soon. Because the cans aren't going to be available, you won't see the mounts for a long time either. I would go with your plan B.

Thanks for the info! Looks like I will likely go the YHM route. Saves money and its not like im going to war and carrying it all the time, so being slightly bulkier is a non issue.

Oppugnall

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Greenwood, IN
    Sorry, like I said synopsis, since my long post was lost.. I'm still waiting on my form 1, I'd be happy to take pics of components, but due to over zealous ATF interpretations, I have yet to finish my purchases (specifically barrel) till get back my form 1.

I'm going long rail with encased silencer, thinking 12" or 13" rail. Barrel and silencer are 16" inches in total length.

BrandonHtwo0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    Portage, IN
    Pics will be posted likely on Tuesday after I pick up the barrel from the dealer. I ended up picking up a YHM Phantom 7.62 flash hider for now since at this point I'm pretty certain I'm going the YHM can route.

Also got my Magpul MS3 sling in and, if anyone hasnt tried one, is really comfortable and made very well. I like it.

Pics soon! I'll try to post some pics tonight of everything put together - minus the barrel and flash supressor (those pics will come on Tuesday). Rifle looks great :)

BrandonHtwo0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    Portage, IN
    Pics added!

Hopefully we've got some Metal Gear Solid fans who recognize the custom engraving :)

Enjoy!

Also - +1 to Matt from Front Towards Enemy Firearms. Great sale on the barrel, and took the time to teach me a thing or two about supressors. He's got me interested :) Time to supress the 300 BLK rifle :D

Top Bottom