• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I've been wanting to get an AR in .300 BLK for a while. Yes, I know .300 ammo is crazy expensive right now, but I'm undeterred.

I'm thinking about getting a .300 upper and BCG that I can just attach to my current .223 Colt AR-15. If I understand correctly this is a 5 minute process to switch over and back. Is this correct?

If it turns out that I like the .300 as much as I think I will, I can then get a new lower and make a complete rifle out of it.

I've never built an AR or swapped parts so I am just looking to uncover and caveats or issues before I start spending $$$.

Thanks...

Also, I'd love to hear any comments from INGO users who have fired the .300 BLK from an AR platform. I have my .223 AR and also a bolt-action .308 but have never fired the .300 BLK.

digitalrebel80

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    New Whiteland
    it takes about 30 seconds to change just pop the pins pull the upper off and put new upper on the push pins back in. You can also use the same BCG if you want to save some money.

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    The only problem with 300 whisper is that once you buy the gun parts, it will almost assuredly lead your to buying reloading equipment.

You are completely modular except for the barrel with 300 whisper. That is one of the sweet aspects of it.

Great for reloading, components are easy to come by.

Getting the upper half without out bolt carrier is the easiest way to go. That way you can try it out with minimal investment. If you really like it, building your own lower half is fun and easy to get parts over time, rather than kicking out all the money at once.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    The only problem with 300 whisper is that once you buy the gun parts, it will almost assuredly lead your to buying reloading equipment.

Isn't that the issue with ALL firearms? It's worse than Lay's potato chip, I can't stop at just one! :)

I think it's a conspiracy on the part of the liberal-leftists. We spend all out money on guns and accessories and have nothing left to support pro-2A candidates. It's DEVIOUS and it's working!

jcap412

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Greenwood,IN
    I know that's my problem now, just about finished build a 300 blk rifle and it just kinda dawned on me that the ammo really isnt readily available. So, looks like I'm just gonna jump right into reloading!

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom